Garry Monk and Adam Reach both agree he's a striker now

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Nice dig at Carlos, yet since DCs reign, he is arguably the only manager who has managed to get Reach producing. That could be said for many of our players

Yep I include Carlos .

He bought him and was the first one to start moving him from the wing.

Then he played Wallace on one leg in the Huddersfield semi final rather than show some confidence in a fit Reach. Wallace lasted two minutes.

10 hours ago, CF_Owl said:

I think Monk is just trying to keep Reach happy. If he only really sees him fitting in to this system up top I imagine he’ll just be thrown on as an extra body if we need a goal. In no way is Reach a striker and if we get some strikers in he’ll be used very little in that position...hopefully!

He doesn't fit anywhere else. Monk has recognised he'd probably beat more players himself in a wing back role.

Let's be honest. If reach has to take on a man he can't which means no crosses going in.

Let's see this for what it is. He's a backup if any of Windass, Katchunga or Rhodes get injured. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Reported here by SWFC Supporters Club that Monk said it 

He didn't though, did he?

I mean, all we have to do is listen to the interview on the Football Heaven website to know what he really said.

:duntmatter:

As a study into how widely and quickly fake news can spread, this is fascinating, though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has spoken about a chat he's had with Adam Reach where they discussed where his best position was, and both came to the conclusion that centre forward was the answer

Garry Monk explains: "I spoke to Adam and I think it's a case of, this season with the system we're using, where can we make him play where he can be most effective?

"He can move out wide, where he can do that job. But I spoke with him and we both agree that centrally is where he's going to be most effective.

"He can play deeper than that.

"But there's an opportunity to use him in certain games or certain situations where his quality in terms of that striker position can be effective.

"I thought he did some really good work (against Walsall).

"It's all about improving and getting used to it. Like all the others, the attitude is there."

Admin can you please move this to the joke thread. I think the OP got the wrong board..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't believe Monk's said that when we can all see Reach isn't a striker

I have an inkling that if push came to shove, Monk 'wouldn't say he's an out and out striker'...

I dunno why, really.

Call it a hunch.

Seriously though, it's going to be hard to take anything you say on here too seriously after this shameless display.

:duntmatter:

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know - it seems almost unbelievable he'd say this doesn't it!

Even I can't believe it and I'm all for letting Monk have a good crack at the job

Maybe that's it. When you said good crack he thought it was a great idea. He's now on crack.lol

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has spoken about a chat he's had with Adam Reach where they discussed where his best position was, and both came to the conclusion that centre forward was the answer

Garry Monk explains: "I spoke to Adam and I think it's a case of, this season with the system we're using, where can we make him play where he can be most effective?

"He can move out wide, where he can do that job. But I spoke with him and we both agree that centrally is where he's going to be most effective.

"He can play deeper than that.

"But there's an opportunity to use him in certain games or certain situations where his quality in terms of that striker position can be effective.

"I thought he did some really good work (against Walsall).

"It's all about improving and getting used to it. Like all the others, the attitude is there."

That smacks of desperation to me TBH first time i have been worried..