Garry Monk and Adam Reach both agree he's a striker now

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Large.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has spoken about a chat he's had with Adam Reach where they discussed where his best position was, and both came to the conclusion that centre forward was the answer

Garry Monk explains: "I spoke to Adam and I think it's a case of, this season with the system we're using, where can we make him play where he can be most effective?

"He can move out wide, where he can do that job. But I spoke with him and we both agree that centrally is where he's going to be most effective.

"He can play deeper than that.

"But there's an opportunity to use him in certain games or certain situations where his quality in terms of that striker position can be effective.

"I thought he did some really good work (against Walsall).

"It's all about improving and getting used to it. Like all the others, the attitude is there."

Funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Honest Monk eh. If he's being honest about this then he is also being clueless. 

Adam Reach a striker. I didn't think he did some really good work in respect of that role against Leicester or Walsall but happy for any one to provide any evidence to the contrary, 

5 hours ago, billyblack said:

You're right it is BUT

Rhodes and Windass up front might bring us total of 1.6 goals over the whole season

Pretending that Adam Reach is a striker wont make that situation any better though will it?

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Honest Monk eh. If he's being honest about this then he is also being clueless. 

Adam Reach a striker. I didn't think he did some really good work in respect of that role against Leicester or Walsall but happy for any one to provide any evidence to the contrary, 

In the interests of honesty, we should probably acknowledge that Monk said: 'I wouldn't say he's an out and out striker...' and has made no reference to Reach being used as a centre forward as the OP suggests.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

In the interests of honesty, we should probably acknowledge that Monk said: 'I wouldn't say he's an out and out striker...' and has made no reference to Reach being used as a centre forward as the OP suggests.

He did say this:

"But there's an opportunity to use him in certain games or certain situations where his quality in terms of that striker position can be effective.

Which is either completely dishonest or completely clueless. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because Monk plays Reach up front

Intentionally or not, it looks like you could have hung Monk and Reach our to dry here Neil. This thread is like a fvvcking berserk fest with all sorts being claimed and every fvvcker being written off. I don’t want to see Reach being played as a centre-forward but I’m not entirely sure Monk is saying that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He did say this:

Which is either completely dishonest or completely clueless. 

Or he's trying to protect a player that he knows played out of position rather than slating him in the press after the first game of the season?

If Monk plays Reach as our first choice centre forward this season, then fair enough - he deserves all the stick he'll get.

But I 100% don't think that's what he's suggesting here, despite the misleading OP.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Or he's trying to protect a player that he knows played out of position rather than slating him in the press after the first game of the season?

Every time Monk says or does anything it's like throwing a biscuit in the middle of a pack of starving dogs. If he says Reach didn't play well he gets a kicking for ruining his confidence or blaming someone else for his own mistakes. If he says Reach did play well he's branded delusional and a liar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Every time Monk says or does anything it's like throwing a biscuit in the middle of a pack of starving dogs. If he says Reach didn't play well he gets a kicking for ruining his confidence or blaming someone else for his own mistakes. If he says Reach did play well he's branded delusional and a liar.

True.

It doesn't help when what he actually said is misrepresented by the site owner and then taken at face value by the majority of other posters, either.

As I've repeatedly shouted into the void, Monk literally said: 'I wouldn't say he's an out and out striker...'

And yet we get: 'they discussed where his best position was, and both came to the conclusion that centre forward was the answer'.

:duntmatter:

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because Monk plays Reach u
p front

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't believe Garry Monk said Adam Reach is definitely a striker

Funny how you want people to rally around the manager and then push a none entity story , devils advocate gets more posts I guess.

5 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Funny how you want people to rally around the manager and then push a none entity story , devils advocate gets more posts I guess.

Ahhh that old chestnut

Nope

I did the thread because it was a news story in the Examiner, and because Monk is playing Reach up front

Cry all you like but that's why this thread exists x 👍

Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 16.13.24.jpg

Here's  your proof to finally destroy your argument - https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/adam-reach-best-position-swfc-18888614

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

It really really worries me.

If our manager watched that game on Saturday and has concluded that Reach can play striker we are utterly doomed with this fool at the helm.

I imagine Monk wants him gone but I like that he is seeking to find somewhere for him if stuck with him this season. Bolsters Reach but also shows no other teams want him.