Can we just...

Just now, cowl said:

But to the chances of the team? Do you really think that it does?

What gets said at the games is different, mind. I think then it can have an obvious impact (even if some do exaggerate it). The same is true about Twitter (and any similar social media platforms) in my opinion since the players obviously use it.

But it seems to me that on here is the right and proper place for however fans are going to express themselves. If players wonder onto here though then they're foolishly disrespecting the boundaries and I hope the club would actively discourage (even enforce, and with fines if need be) them from doing so.

I meant maybe it does maybe it doesnt about debates but I 100% agree about social media platforms! And I agree about players being discouraged from viewing fans forums too

5 minutes ago, Salli said:

A thread like this was always going to make people defensive, or a chance to attack the 'negative nigels' for venting their well earned concerns and disappointments.

I just don't get the unconditional approach that some people take when following a team. 

It's my 1st thread topic I didn't honestly realise some of the reaction but having read and responded I see it now! Didn't think there would be such binary responses but apologies fella

I'm certainly not unconditional support I've seen mainly failure since I supported wednesday to be fair

Slight edit - maybe this has made me slightly more accommodating or some may say forgiving of mediocrity I dunno?

Edited by Chris Apolon

Just now, Chris Apolon said:

It's my 1st thread topic I didn't honestly realise some of the reaction but having read and responded I see it now! Didn't think there would be such binary responses but apologies fella

I'm certainly not unconditional support I've seen mainly failure since I supported wednesday to be fair

Sometimes it's best to log off and let the negative Nigel's get on with it

• Thanks 1

Just now, bladeshater said:

Sometimes it's best to log off and let the negative Nigel's get on with it

I'm happy to discuss anything with anyone, I'm not sure negativity is done out of anything but good faith for the club in the same way my attempted look to the future post was (was supposed to be!)

There really are some negative Nigels on here. It is like a race to stick the knife in the most to prove some kind of superior intellect, which makes up for a somethjing else lacking in their life.

Any oppertunity to attack our chairman. Yes he's made mistakes, but has clearly learned from them as we evolve our approach.

Come what may we need to support our club

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Dear OP , there is a site on Facebook called the "Wednesday sing" where anyone who doesn't think everything is Rosie gets banned. That may be the site for you.

Dear Emilianenko

I dont think everything is rosie. Its not lost on me we start with -12 and have 1 striker. But...stranger things have happened than us actually starting a season well

Also nobody wants to hear me sing, I've not sung since singing born to be wild at a karaoke 19 years ago. Retired at the top

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

2020 keeps on giving......

From Happy Clappers and Bedwetters (bad enough) to Negative Nigels and Positive Pauls ffs!!

Like reading fuckingHorrid Henry books to the kids at bedtime when they were little.

:duntmatter:

How about a horrible history book about the last 20 years? That would sell like hotcakes

The bone idle bothroyd 

The free scoring fox in the box

I could go on...

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I'm not saying don't criticise I'm saying support the upcoming season. 

Too many people criticising before a ball is even kicked in the league

You're implying that the fans that criticise don't support the team.

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

You're implying that the fans that criticise don't support the team.

Not my intention apologies on reading it back I can see it reading like that too. 

Supporting doesn't absolve teams of criticism, I will and have criticised, i was trying to say im going to see how we perform in the league first

3 hours ago, Salli said:

We don't need to do anything.

You don't think we need to support our team?

I've really heard it all now.

Either you have an immense sense of self entitlement, or you are a pig.

Regardless, a forum for supporters probably isn't the place for you.

I think its fair to say that people’s general mental health has been somewhat poor over the last 6 months, due to a worldwide pandemic and in no way shape or form related to football. 

I think football and the plight this particular club has found itself in gives people a mere platform to take out their frustrations. There’s nothing wrong with that I don’t think, and equally if we actually had a successful last season, it would have brought 1000s of people in this city, across this country and abroad together (socially distanced of course). 

The fans have a right to say whatever they want, but I’m with the OP on this and that given the world has found itself in such a state the last several months, we should at least try and have just one small bit of optimism. It could go a long way, you never know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

The fans have a right to say whatever they want, but I’m with the OP on this and that given the world has found itself in such a state the last several months, we should at least try and have just one small bit of optimism. It could go a long way, you never know.

Sometimes you do.

We could all be ultra positive on here beyond all reason - it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on how the team plays. None.

The notion that there's some causal effect between the two is mental.

Edited by cowl

6 hours ago, prowl said:

I wonder if anyone has counted the number of posts on Owlstak after a win and compared it to the number of posts after a loss. It might be interesting.

I feel that the number after a loss would come out considerably higher. Certain posters never appear after a win but are all over the threads after a loss.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Disagree, I’m no statto, but I’m sure there’s more traffic on here when we’ve either played well / won / both.

The negativity probably seems predominant right now due to the way we went downhill from January onwards.

The negativity is understandable, but it’s generally the same people on a different thread. Its human nature, some people’s glasses are generally half empty.

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Sometimes you do.

We could all be ultra positive on here beyond all reason - it will have absolutely no effect whatsoever on how the team plays. None.

The notion that there's some causal effect between the two is mental.

On here it has no bearing. In the ground  on match day the mood of the fans can affect the team. 

But I don’t think many people enjoy being insulted (personal insults are not constructive criticism)!whatever line of work. At best, it’s an unnecessary distraction. 

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

Great original post, I applaud your sentiment and agree with you.

Those who come on this forum would I presume call themselves fans or supporters but from the comments, you would wonder if they even know what it means to  support a club.

We all know this season will be tough it will be a hell of a lot tougher if we can't get behind all at the club.

It's as if some just want us to fail just to say they were right.

After all there are bigger things right now than football.

• Like 1