Can we just...

5 minutes ago, Salli said:

Diatribe? You've started a new thread to whinge about whinging.

Wednesday are in one hell of a hole; fans are passionate (perhaps even fanatical...) and will always vent on here after a game. The ventings have zero affect on anything however so if it bothers you simply click on the log out button.

I'm not whinging. I'm trying to draw a line under last season

And I'm always the first to vent constructively win, lose or draw. It doesn't bother me I'm a big boy but I know how much of a hole we are in but there are an awful lot of comments on other threads that have nothing to do with the performance yesterday

1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

I'm not whinging. I'm trying to draw a line under last season

And I'm always the first to vent constructively win, lose or draw. It doesn't bother me I'm a big boy but I know how much of a hole we are in but there are an awful lot of comments on other threads that have nothing to do with the performance yesterday

What should the threads be about?

1 minute ago, cowl said:

But what of it? What impact does this have on the team's chances?

This just seems to be more a lament about the quality of debate on here but somehow packaged as a warning that whatever's said on here has an impact on the team's chances.

Maybe I just wanted to get behind the team? If you've read it as such fair enough I'm not going to poo poo your thoughts but wasn't intended as a lament about the quality of debate it was to, if anything, encourage constructive debate 

• Like 1

Just now, Chris Apolon said:

Maybe I just wanted to get behind the team? If you've read it as such fair enough I'm not going to poo poo your thoughts but wasn't intended as a lament about the quality of debate it was to, if anything, encourage constructive debate 

You think this thread is prompting constructive debate?

• Haha 1

Just now, Chris Apolon said:

But again, it comes down to the issue of what difference does it make whether it's constructive?

When debating is ultimately about making a decision it makes sense that it should be constructive and orderly - but it's just a site for fans; there are no decisions to be made here.

6 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

If he leaves his strikers on the bench and plays two midfielders up front in game number 8 will we be allowed to question his tactics then ?

Absolutely if we line up against cardiff like that. I don't think we will but I'll be the first to make comment on the selection then. Well, maybe not the first

Why do we need another thread like this!

Just because a majority of us have 0% confidence in Monk, find him tactically inept, the team playing awful football and having rubbish results, doesn't mean I don't want us to win every single game.

I'd love us to be successful this season and to be proved wrong, I'd love to be told by the Monk in brigade that they were right all along!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I've commented on a lot of posts throughout my time here, never once posted a topic but I feel I have to

Can we just, as a fanbase, get behind the team and players and see what happens. We're all wednesday fans here but I've never seen so many posts or comments with snide hidden (and not so hidden) attacks directed towards the chairman, manager and certain players.

We are not going to win all matches 5-0

We are going to lose matches we should have won

We are going to win matches we should have lost

But for the love of god, can we please judge Monk after 7-10 games of THIS season. Not the 46 of last season

Not the last 20 odd games of last season

Not what he has done at Leeds, Birmingham, Middlesbrough but what he will do here. 

Not the players he has frozen out or that were released but the players he has and will get to coach

I know for many Monk will never be their favourite and many will not forget what happened latter part of last season, nor am I saying it should be, but it's time to look to the future, a new season, new types of players and for heavens sake get behind him and the team

Let's not forget we don't need many more points than we did last season to stay up even with the deduction.

We've had 1 league cup game and it's gone mental on here - despite the fact the record books will show a W

W fo Win, W for Wedensday WAWAW

Finishing for likes..........

5 minutes ago, cowl said:

But again, it comes down to the issue of what difference does it make whether it's constructive?

When debating is ultimately about making a decision it makes sense that it should be constructive and orderly - but it's just a site for fans; there are no decisions to be made here.

Maybe it does maybe it doesn't, we obviously have a difference of opinion on this matter; I do understand why some fans were disappointed with yesterday by the way, and with the club as a whole at the moment (as am I) but it's a new season one that none of us know what will happen 

46 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

But for the love of god, can we please judge Monk after 7-10 games of THIS season. Not the 46 of last season

Why Chris?  You have to live and die by your actions.  Why should we be any different?  Do Liverpool not consider themselves champions?  Do the relegated teams turn up to play championship football and deny what happened last year?

28 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

What nonsense, he is the same manager in September that he was in July.

Is it really hard to understand that NOW monk as his own back room staff in place 

He is putting his own squad together still maybe two short still

He as had is own pre season trying to change the mentality of the players and the dressing room

He as nearly got rid of  all the disruptive influences from the squad so really now it's his job to succeed or sink

Edited by bladeshater
  • Like 2

I'm all for positivity if it has an underlying basis. We've had one of the worst spells in our history since Christmas with awful performances, keystone cop defending and not looking like we've gone out with a game plan which gives us a chance to get 3 points.

So when you see another toothless performance against a L2 side, with new signings but the same dull game plan, it's hard not to be negative.

Yes, on the positive side we were tight at the back and there were no silly mistakes and yes we got through to the next round. Penney looked good and hopefully he can do it against Championship opponents. But it doesn't take away from a dull performance which smacked of the same game plan we had last season and players yet again being played out of position. We drew that game on 90 minutes and draws are not going to keep us in the Championship. If we try and dull it out, we will go down. That's why I'm negative about what I saw yesterday as I saw nothing which gave me a spark to think we can score enough goals to win 18-20 games in the coming season.

You might want people to give blind support, I would argue that our comments are based on what we see and not on emotion. No harm in agreeing to differ on a forum, and I don't see how it impacts what happens on the pitch - football is full of opinions!

• Like 1

Just now, swinners said:

Why Chris?  You have to live and die by your actions.  Why should we be any different?  Do Liverpool not consider themselves champions?  Do the relegated teams turn up to play championship football and deny what happened last year?

Or you learn and use whatever has gone as motivation for the coming season? Liverpool will motivate themselves to finish top, man city to win the title back, brentford to get promoted finally, those relegated to make it back and for us, use what I hope we've learnt as motivation

If we don't and Monk hasn't I will be the first to ask the questions of why.

Just my personal take on kt

1 minute ago, Chris Apolon said:

Maybe it does maybe it doesn't, we obviously have a difference of opinion on this matter; I do understand why some fans were disappointed with yesterday by the way, and with the club as a whole at the moment (as am I) but it's a new season one that none of us know what will happen 

But to the chances of the team? Do you really think that it does?

What gets said at the games is different, mind. I think then it can have an obvious impact (even if some do exaggerate it). The same is true about Twitter (and any similar social media platforms) in my opinion since the players obviously use it.

But it seems to me that on here is the right and proper place for however fans are going to express themselves. If players wonder onto here though then they're foolishly disrespecting the boundaries and I hope the club would actively discourage (even enforce, and with fines if need be) them from doing so.

• Haha 1

A thread like this was always going to make people defensive, or a chance to attack the 'negative nigels' for venting their well earned concerns and disappointments.

I just don't get the unconditional approach that some people take when following a team.