Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Anyone think we are better adopting this system? If and when we sign a target man.

 

                    Dawson/Wildsmith 

Palmer     Borner/Lees     Iorfa/Dunkley    Penney

 

                      Bannan      Loungo/Dele

 

Kachunga              Windass             Brown

 

     

                           New Forward                        

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Anyone think we are better adopting this system? If and when we sign a target man.

 

                    Dawson/Wildsmith 

Palmer     Borner/Lees     Iorfa/Dunkley    Penney

 

                      Bannan      Loungo/Dele

 

Kachunga              Windass             Brown

 

     

                           New Forward                        

I'm hoping this what we are building towards and Monk has being keeping his cards close to his chest for the Leicester and Walsall games. 

 

I'd be tempted to play Iorfa at RB though given he scored a few goals from that position. Let Palmer and Penney fight it out for LB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve always liked that system we have players who could suit the advanced roles like bannan, reach, Hunt and we could be more solid defensively. But I’m not sure it really gets the best out of Penney, Kachunga, Windass.

 

I noticed with the 3 5 2 that our two wide cbs were pushing so high up at times of pressure with cdm dropping back that it was almost 2 6 2 at times so I can see why we want to use that and be less predictable 

 

Edited by Bluesteel
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have the players for it, I like the look of the below:

 

...........................Wildsmith

 

Palmer........Dunkley.........Iorfa............Penney

 

...................Luongo.........Bannan

..............................Brown

.....Kachunga.................................Harris

............................Windass

 

Early signs are that we aren't going to be hitting long balls into the CF so the need for it becomes less.

 

In a 4-2-3-1 we end up with almost a front 4 when in possession, all 4 of the players in that team can rotate.

 

I think Dunkley and Iorfa could be our best CB pairing, it's got everything.

 

That midfield 3 is our strength, not many better than that in the Championship, imo.

 

If we can add a CF to the mix then great, but I still think we need him to be mobile, other wise he will be laying things off on the half way line and he will be behind play, so not in the box.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Just stop it.

 

we are clearly going to play 3-5-2.

 

just go with it.

 

We’ve not even played a league match yet.

Why? im not saying 3-5-2 wont be effective but feel 4-2-3-1 would be an ideal system also as an option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer 4 at back and the sstem you suggest of 4-2-3-1 can easily be changed to 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 to adapt to opposition.

 

Problem we have had is squad was very unbalanced with lots of similar players. This has taken time to transform and we still have a little way to go. Paying of top wages for very average or injury prone players has made them impossible to move on. 

 

A more open style has resulted in us conceeding goals regularly and I assume the style we have adopted is Monks way of shoring us up at the back whilst at least giving us some scope to attack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

We have the players for it, I like the look of the below:

 

...........................Wildsmith

 

Palmer........Dunkley.........Iorfa............Penney

 

...................Luongo.........Bannan

..............................Brown

.....Kachunga.................................Harris

............................Windass

 

Early signs are that we aren't going to be hitting long balls into the CF so the need for it becomes less.

 

In a 4-2-3-1 we end up with almost a front 4 when in possession, all 4 of the players in that team can rotate.

 

I think Dunkley and Iorfa could be our best CB pairing, it's got everything.

 

That midfield 3 is our strength, not many better than that in the Championship, imo.

 

If we can add a CF to the mix then great, but I still think we need him to be mobile, other wise he will be laying things off on the half way line and he will be behind play, so not in the box.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

early signs, we havent played a league game and dont have a CF to aim at...

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, billyblack said:

early signs, we havent played a league game and dont have a CF to aim at...

 

Last season, plus V Leicester, plus V Walsall.

 

I am talking about Monks approach, like when we went with De Cruz and Windass etc.

 

Despite that, your post was well funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Anyone think we are better adopting this system? If and when we sign a target man.

 

                    Dawson/Wildsmith 

Palmer     Borner/Lees     Iorfa/Dunkley    Penney

 

                      Bannan      Loungo/Dele

 

Kachunga              Windass             Brown

 

     

                           New Forward                        

Exactly how I’d like to see us 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure Bannan needs any more excuses to sit deep than he already has to be honest. We’ve already been struggling to move the ball forward and the cynical part of me thinks this is just going to result in making that worse?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...