Let's get it out there

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

So what are you suggesting ?

Because it certainly looks like you’re saying Monk should be kept even if results are bad.

Ime saying that i will look at performances,as well as 'results' to see if there is a game plan,and if its starting to come together...i believe myself that monk will succeed in keeping the owls up,but if i dont see significant progress on the pitch,& players giving their all,every game,I will ask Q....(of him,& myself)...I want to see a better use of substitutes at the right time,and evidence moving forward that both monk & the coaching team are having a significantly bigger impact,than those they replaced.

I dont want to see players played out of position,unless absolutely necessary,i would rather Reach(as an example stayed on the bench,or in the stands,than play him so ineffectively again)I see this however as a 'big' job....I dont know how deep the rot has gone,and has many have intimated,we still have many of the squad who failed us so miserably last season as first team 'regulars'

Monk has had one window,it hasnt closed yet,and i for one would like to see at least 2 Strikers brought in,ASAP..& for me,(it aint gonna happen) another GK....(insurance in case we have a double loss of form)..it may not happen though,& monk may well need the Jan window to refocus...

Some will baulk at me saying i would give him that long,especially if results dont go as planned in the crucial Dec Month,but i just dont see how bringing in someone else(IF they would take the gig,& potentially have a relegation on their CV, in all liklihhood) would get us out of jail,and avoid relegation.

33 minutes ago, parajack said:

Ime saying that i will look at performances,as well as 'results' to see if there is a game plan,and if its starting to come together...i believe myself that monk will succeed in keeping the owls up,but if i dont see significant progress on the pitch,& players giving their all,every game,I will ask Q....(of him,& myself)...I want to see a better use of substitutes at the right time,and evidence moving forward that both monk & the coaching team are having a significantly bigger impact,than those they replaced.

I dont want to see players played out of position,unless absolutely necessary,i would rather Reach(as an example stayed on the bench,or in the stands,than play him so ineffectively again)I see this however as a 'big' job....I dont know how deep the rot has gone,and has many have intimated,we still have many of the squad who failed us so miserably last season as first team 'regulars'

Monk has had one window,it hasnt closed yet,and i for one would like to see at least 2 Strikers brought in,ASAP..& for me,(it aint gonna happen) another GK....(insurance in case we have a double loss of form)..it may not happen though,& monk may well need the Jan window to refocus...

Some will baulk at me saying i would give him that long,especially if results dont go as planned in the crucial Dec Month,but i just dont see how bringing in someone else(IF they would take the gig,& potentially have a relegation on their CV, in all liklihhood) would get us out of jail,and avoid relegation.

I'm sure Stuart Gray managed it when Dave Jones was failing spectacularly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The ONLY context that matters is we won yesterday

Trying to force any other scenario just smacks of an agenda

I would argue the opposite. Ignoring/refusing to debate the standard of performance against a 4th division team smacks of an agenda.

It is great that we won the tie but ignorant not to put it into any context and debate the way it was achieved.

In terms of the question in the OP. I have said countless times that I hope Monk proves me wrong and that will always be the case. This doesn't  stop me from analysing how we play and being critical of what we produce.  

15 hours ago, parajack said:

No its not a 'great post' at all....many fans are unable to go to any games at all,for many reasons,work,having their kids Health & latterly through the Chansiri price  regime...does it make their views any less worthy? or is it now only the paying customer at the gate(well people who can afford & commit to a season ticket  really) Others pick their matches,watch on ifollow(like me today in the pub) listen on the radio,or subscribe......one way or another,we all pay to watch,& create a demand for the game,which means the clubs benefit from TV money.

Monks record? which one? the first half of the season? or the second?..cos that is embarrassing the fact that its never mentioned at all,is it?Not by you,nor anyone posting about the manager......No mention either of players paid a small fortune to perform & not make schoolboy errors...its all Monks fault...Ridiculous...I have yet to see a thread,or post even that stipulates GM is Johnfcukingtravolta.....most,if not all pro monk posts,are simply responses to posts spewing hate & bile over & over,with little if any objectivity.We are regaled time & time with 'facts' which inevitably boil down to one persons opinion.

Anyone who responds than is 'calling out the people who with very good reason dont like him'? its called having an opinion thats different to yours,not agreeing with you, & having similar 'good reason'...to disagree....there is no objectivity in your statement whatsoever in my view,we have played 1 game,won,and kept a clean sheet, and you post about being relieved if monk goes & worry about relegation?..Its always 'last season' notone word about this,,,,I dont myself know if monk will be the manager to turn the team around,no idea,but he is the manager in post,and until see different & things go dramatically wrong on the pitch due to him,i see no reason to post as you have.

I see r one who doesn't mention Bruce either? you know the guy who agreed a contract,than left? could have got us relegated by his actions coming & going,in such a fashion?...Who kept us up last season than?....was monk as manager wasn't it? we had enough points to stay up in our own right?..Thats not mentioned either
her

Yes it is a great post, a damn sight better than yours.

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

I'm sure Stuart Gray managed it when Dave Jones was failing spectacularly 

Yes he did,and went onto an impressive run of results afterwards,done ok for his self now too,but dont forget how many players Dave Jones brought in,including Kieran Lee,Dave,& Chris Kirkland, to name but 3....Also Mcguire & Antonio  almost 1 player a Month arrived...Had gray been retained he might well have taken us into the Premier League,we will never know now.Took us to 6th in the league in his one ful season in charge

Gray was quality,Colin the same,but such are thin on the ground....

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I would argue the opposite. Ignoring/refusing to debate the standard of performance against a 4th division team smacks of an agenda.

It is great that we won the tie but ignorant not to put it into any context and debate the way it was achieved.

In terms of the question in the OP. I have said countless times that I hope Monk proves me wrong and that will always be the case. This doesn't  stop me from analysing how we play and being critical of what we produce.  

Totally agree there is nothing wrong with offering a fair critique of the way we achieve our results & individual player & team performance.

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

Totally agree there is nothing wrong with offering a fair critique of the way we achieve our results & individual player & team performance.

What is your critique of yesterday?

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What is your critique of yesterday?

Not much TBH,strange playing reach out of position,thought Penney made a big difference when he came on,few chances that should have been put away,one when Penney shot,instead of squaring it,which would have been a better choice.Would have liked to see someone else taking corners other than Bannan,usual ringrust apparent sometimes..& so on..Some great penaltys & a good confidence building save from the keeper(though a ******** poor penalty) and a clean sheet in 90 minutes,Win overall, & through to the next round.

Monk will have some thinking to do,but with no strikers on the pitch,i wasnt expecting much else...work in progress,& 2 more new additions for the cardiff game.bring it on....

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not much TBH,strange playing reach out of position,thought Penney made a big difference when he came on,few chances that should have been put away,one when Penney shot,instead of squaring it,which would have been a better choice.Would have liked to see someone else taking corners other than Bannan,usual ringrust apparent sometimes..& so on..Some great penaltys & a good confidence building save from the keeper(though a ******** poor penalty) and a clean sheet in 90 minutes,Win overall, & through to the next round.

Monk will have some thinking to do,but with no strikers on the pitch,i wasnt expecting much else...work in progress,& 2 more new additions for the cardiff game.bring it on....

Fair enough, I think that's a really positive slant.

The fact that our best player was clearly someone who played an hour less than the rest tells its own story about how what Monk put out worked. As you say, we need to have more before the Cardiff game - if we get a striker in then I might be feeling more positive before next weekend. 

I was positive going into yesterday that we would see something different and signs of encouragement.

There was little during the first 65 minutes to reflect anything like that and I don't understand why Monk would pick players out of position in our last chance to gain some rhythm in a competitive setting in terms of how we want to play next week. 

48 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough, I think that's a really positive slant.

The fact that our best player was clearly someone who played an hour less than the rest tells its own story about how what Monk put out worked. As you say, we need to have more before the Cardiff game - if we get a striker in then I might be feeling more positive before next weekend. 

I was positive going into yesterday that we would see something different and signs of encouragement.

There was little during the first 65 minutes to reflect anything like that and I don't understand why Monk would pick players out of position in our last chance to gain some rhythm in a competitive setting in terms of how we want to play next week. 

Pretty much agree,but i cant help thinking he might have told them to lay off the gas a bit,had our fingers burnt with Fletcher getting injured in a Cup game,and it proved very costly.Monk held back 2 players,asked Reach to play up front(attempt at confidence building? or allegedly taking the pi** out of him? dont know) & may well have hoped to nick the tie without getting into second gear...

Plus? no injuries,Good save from the keeper,which will have done wonders for his confidence,some great penaltys,& a win overall.Come on Wednesday!!! & come on the supporters....lets be a little kinder to each other eh?

7 hours ago, parajack said:

You make a good point,but than what? Bullen? cos thats what would likely happen isnt it?.....and whomever came in,would have to manage with monks players,coaching staff,...we simply cant keep going through the S6 'managergoround'.....

I agree  with you just pointing out that we have 7 or 8 games in December so we don't want to be struggling through it because we'll reaally be behind the 8 ball. As for Bully I didn't  want him anyway not even as a caretaker it would have to be someone new that played a 352 high pressing game. If we have a style of play then we can upgrade the coach as and when we need to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I agree  with you just pointing out that we have 7 or 8 games in December so we don't want to be struggling through it because we'll reaally be behind the 8 ball. As for Bully I didn't  want him anyway not even as a caretaker it would have to be someone new that played a 352 high pressing game. If we have a style of play then we can upgrade the coach as and when we need to. 

its the '2' thats going to be key...much as i would like to see goals getting weighed in from everywhere..