Let's get it out there

2 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

There’s a lot of folk who’ll post the same negative rubbish irrespective of the thread topic. It’s tedious reading the exact same thing from the exact same posters on otherwise interesting threads unrelated to the points these fans want to make. Isn’t there enough Monk/DC bashing threads on here without hijacking the few that don’t want to read the same old bitter moaning?

For some reason, the ones you are referring to haven’t come into play on this thread. 

I’m sick of hearing it, but not necessarily cos I think GM is a great fit. (I did when he arrived and upto Xmas) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Not sticking up for him, but it would seem impractical to allow him to bring in players and back room staff of his own choice and only give him a handful of games.

But the -12 factor puts added pressure on the team to succeed and the owner if we don’t.

I’d say if we’re still on the bottom 3 at Xmas then relieving him of his duties would be justifiable. But DC surely would have to have lined up someone who had the necessary attributes, not some obscure foreign coach. Add in the pay off packages for the coaching staff, it’s a conundrum.

As I put in another post we have a match every three or four games in December it's a crucial month because we need to be up and running by then. I'd say end of November should be the review date cut off.

7 hours ago, cookeh said:

It's not tho is it..

Ofc, i want the club to be successful, and i want to watch us play good football.

But I can't actually make that happen, no matter how hard i cheer a team with no strikers in it.

Our success ultimately depends upon one man, Garry Monk. And he's an incompetent chump.
My pretending he's not isn't going to make the club more successful.
If it would, then i would!

Did you think he was an incompetent chump before Xmas ?

DC is unlikely to let him go quickly, so will fans keep coming on here with the vitriol ? 

This season he has no excuses, he has to get get a target man in, irrespective of budget constraints. 

But if we assume that he will fail, a lot of people will just end up repeating the same rhetoric, or can they find something with meaningful content.

UTO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

As I put in another post we have a match every three or four games in December it's a crucial month because we need to be up and running by then. I'd say end of November should be the review date cut off.

That’s fair comment. 
I think the fixtures in December present a good opportunity to move upwards, making a hash of it will be costly.

9 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

You’ve not understood Jack. The OP asked would we rather the club failed so certain people would gloat or would we rather get behind the manager and succeed. This implies the manager will succeed if we get behind him. 
I don’t niece the manager will succeed even if we do get behind him because I don’t believe he’s done anything to suggest he can during his tenure. How long is a fair chance? What have you seen from Monk that gives you confidence he will improve things? 

Dont put words in my mouth,i have understood perfectly,& quoted accordingly,than critiqued it.....You have put your own preferred inference on an aspect of the post(which is your right) & delivered your own opinion,it differs from mine,fine..but dont try to say i haven't understood...

57 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You make a good point,but than what? Bullen? cos thats what would likely happen isnt it?.....and whomever came in,would have to manage with monks players,coaching staff,...we simply cant keep going through the S6 'managergoround'.....

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

You make a good point,but than what? Bullen? cos thats what would likely happen isnt it?.....and whomever came in,would have to manage with monks players,coaching staff,...we simply cant keep going through the S6 'managergoround'.....

Are you suggesting we continue with Monk even if he fails miserably?

6 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

It might seem strange to you 

Well yes.. yes it does

Because a manager just brought in a load of new players, new coaching team,  new goalkeeping coach, new assistant manager

Then played their first game yesterday and won, got through to the next round, kept a clean sheet too and without any strikers even playing in the match

So I am kind of surprised that anybody would then choose to come on and start asking how long we should give him

lol

Its VERY strange to me that

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well yes.. yes it does

Because a manager just brought in a load of new players, new coaching team,  new goalkeeping coach, new assistant manager

Then played their first game yesterday and won, got through to the next round, kept a clean sheet too and without any strikers even playing in the match

So I am kind of surprised that anybody would then choose to come on and start asking how long we should give him

lol

Only if you take it out of context ,which you clearly have done.

Dont rate Monk simple as that,not right man for me,hope he puts 2 fingers up at most of us tho and smashes it,but i dont think he will.

Give him a chance tho no excuses now ,his staff,he's picked the players.He needs a massive start or he'll be gone before 15 games i think.Going down is not an option for DC... 

Come on WEDNESDAY......

UTO

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well yes.. yes it does

lol

As my Grandad taught me,  it’s pointless knocking on the door when there’s nobody in to open it.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

There doesn't seem to be a thread anymore that doesn't refer to a season of doom and how Monk shouldn't employed by SWFC after the second half of last season - which I agree was turgid, alarmingly so considering the majority of performances from October - December 2019 (not league position because the majority of us suspected it was to just too good to be true).

So the question is, considering the vitriol towards him:

A. Would you rather the club failed, so you can come on here and say I told you you, carry on with your angst.

B. Or, see the team survive and progress this season,  and actually get behind the team and manager. 

It's that simple.

To those who want to answer - C. Get rid of Monk now: it isn't an option, Chansiri has allowed him to bring his own backroom staff in. He's probably here for a good 5-6 months.

some will say B when A+A is nearer the truth.