Let's get it out there

1 hour ago, Musn't Grumble said:

D) I'll carry on supporting the team and I really, really, REALLY want Monk to succeed and not only get us stay in the Championship but push for play-offs but I have seen no evidence that supports my enthusiasm since Christmas.

So up to xmas you were happy?third and in a great position to push for an automatic promotion spot?..go on,be the first..post me a 'Monk out' post you did from xmas,or before....cut & paste dated...

5 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I've not said get behind Monk, it's each to their own. But blaming him for every that isn't right can't be healthy - it must be exhausting, and I don't mean for Monk.

And I’ve not said blame Monk for everything, just that he seems to send the team out without a clear gameplan, he picks players out of position and performances show no sign of improvement under his leadership. 

4 hours ago, parajack said:

Quote:You can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter which is what backing Monk irrespective of the results he delivers amounts too. ???????????

So monk hits promotion form with his squad,you dont back him,turns around our season,you still dont back him....brings in a new quality striker,etc etc   Is that fair? objective? you say backing monk even if he is successful is 'polishing a turd'??   Why cant you let go of the second part of last season,wait and see,and give our manager a fair chance?

You’ve not understood Jack. The OP asked would we rather the club failed so certain people would gloat or would we rather get behind the manager and succeed. This implies the manager will succeed if we get behind him. 
I don’t niece the manager will succeed even if we do get behind him because I don’t believe he’s done anything to suggest he can during his tenure. How long is a fair chance? What have you seen from Monk that gives you confidence he will improve things? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

And I’ve not said blame Monk for everything, just that he seems to send the team out without a clear gameplan, he picks players out of position and performances show no sign of improvement under his leadership. 

Sorry if you thought I was pointing  that at you. 
But I think too many blame him for everything that goes wrong.

I said in the OP the second half of the season was bad. He has to take most of the blame. 
But a football club is bigger than one individual, and most on here suspect the tail had been wagging the dog long before Monk arrived. 
Add in the management above him. It takes a special kind of manager to flourish with those factors.

If we had a replacement that guaranteed progress, by all means,  let’s do it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

You’ve not understood Jack. The OP asked would we rather the club failed so certain people would gloat or would we rather get behind the manager and succeed. This implies the manager will succeed if we get behind him. 
I don’t niece the manager will succeed even if we do get behind him because I don’t believe he’s done anything to suggest he can during his tenure. How long is a fair chance? What have you seen from Monk that gives you confidence he will improve things? 

You’re 100% wrong there. I don’t think what fans think and how they behave will impact performances one bit. 

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Sorry if you thought I was pointing  that at you. 
But I think too many blame him for everything that goes wrong.

I said in the OP the second half of the season was bad. He has to take most of the blame. 
But a football club is bigger than one individual, and most on here suspect the tail had been wagging the dog long before Monk arrived. 
Add in the management above him. It takes a special kind of manager to flourish with those factors.

If we had a replacement that guaranteed progress, by all means,  let’s do it. 

I agree with you Sarge that he bears the brunt of everyone’s frustrations and he has a very difficult job given the behind the scene issues. 
My problem is that a good manager can improve players, tactics and performances, even if only a little, given our lack of quality. A good manager can send out a team with a gameplan whereby, win or lose, the supporters can say “At least we can see what he’s trying to do”. I don’t see anything from Monk to show he is up to this difficult job.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A. Would you rather the club failed, so you can come on here and say I told you you, carry on with your angst.

B. Or, see the team survive and progress this season,  and actually get behind the team and manager. 

It's that simple.

It's not tho is it..

Ofc, i want the club to be successful, and i want to watch us play good football.

But I can't actually make that happen, no matter how hard i cheer a team with no strikers in it.

Our success ultimately depends upon one man, Garry Monk. And he's an incompetent chump.
My pretending he's not isn't going to make the club more successful.
If it would, then i would!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

There doesn't seem to be a thread anymore that doesn't refer to a season of doom and how Monk shouldn't employed by SWFC after the second half of last season - which I agree was turgid, alarmingly so considering the majority of performances from October - December 2019 (not league position because the majority of us suspected it was to just too good to be true).

So the question is, considering the vitriol towards him:

A. Would you rather the club failed, so you can come on here and say I told you you, carry on with your angst.

B. Or, see the team survive and progress this season,  and actually get behind the team and manager. 

It's that simple.

To those who want to answer - C. Get rid of Monk now: it isn't an option, Chansiri has allowed him to bring his own backroom staff in. He's probably here for a good 5-6 months.

Which is why we're probably doomed.

There's no vitriol towards him personally, ST.

People don't want to be proven right, it's just they're rightly worried.

Everyone wants the team to survive and progress, but they feel DC has made a terrible mistake retaining Monk.

I asked this on another thread but genuinely would like to hear eoples views. Those who are sticking up for GM how long would you give him if there’s no improvement on the post Christmas form?

Edited by Plonk

There’s a lot of folk who’ll post the same negative rubbish irrespective of the thread topic. It’s tedious reading the exact same thing from the exact same posters on otherwise interesting threads unrelated to the points these fans want to make. Isn’t there enough Monk/DC bashing threads on here without hijacking the few that don’t want to read the same old bitter moaning?

Edited by Yellowbelly
  • Love 1

Guest Bulgaria

Monk has done what the majority were craving for, got rid of high earners and dead wood. He is now obviously  working to a budget and is bringing in new faces that he thinks are the way forward. He deserves a chance.

However, decisions like playing Reach up front when everyman and his dog knows that is absolutely pointless does Monk no flavours at all. 

25 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Monk has done what the majority were craving for, got rid of high earners and dead wood. He is now obviously  working to a budget and is bringing in new faces that he thinks are the way forward. He deserves a chance.

However, decisions like playing Reach up front when everyman and his dog knows that is absolutely pointless does Monk no flavours at all. 

Salt and vinegar

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

I asked this on another thread but genuinely would like to hear eoples views. Those who are sticking up for GM how long would you give him if there’s no improvement on the post Christmas form?

Not sticking up for him, but it would seem impractical to allow him to bring in players and back room staff of his own choice and only give him a handful of games.

But the -12 factor puts added pressure on the team to succeed and the owner if we don’t.

I’d say if we’re still on the bottom 3 at Xmas then relieving him of his duties would be justifiable. But DC surely would have to have lined up someone who had the necessary attributes, not some obscure foreign coach. Add in the pay off packages for the coaching staff, it’s a conundrum.

• Like 1