Let's get it out there

Just now, slow83 said:

I agree C isn’t an option because Chansiri won’t do it, but I fear when it becomes an option it‘ll be far too late.

At that point we’ll all be wishing C had been an option, and that it had been taken at the end of last season (which would’ve been longer than Monk deserved).

I won’t argue with that.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

I hate Monk as our manager!

But B all day long,  I want to be proved wrong, but I'm not being been at the moment.

This. Monk is an inept manager but I am and will be behind the team always. As I was today.

But I will not stop campaigning for option C as it would be the best for our club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slow83 said:

I agree C isn’t an option because Chansiri won’t do it, but I fear when it becomes an option it‘ll be far too late.

At that point we’ll all be wishing C had been an option, and that it had been taken at the end of last season (which would’ve been longer than Monk deserved).

Its Chansiri's club, its his money and ultimately its his decision.

As the saying goes, a fool and his money are easily parted.

Edited by Blue and white

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

If your analogy is a pot to ******** in, please, honestly tell me about what Monk uncovered when he pulled the proverbial toilet lid up.

And my point was, we all have managers we never take to. But although I didn’t rate Jewell, I was behind the club.

Isn’t that the same as option C

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

If your analogy is a pot to ******** in, please, honestly tell me about what Monk uncovered when he pulled the proverbial toilet lid up.

And my point was, we all have managers we never take to. But although I didn’t rate Jewell, I was behind the club.

Hypocrisy at its finest. It’s ok for you to not rate a manager but anyone who doesn’t rate Monk wants us to lose.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If only every one was as big and loyal a fan as you. 

Oddly, I’ve never said I was the most loyal fan. I’ve often said there are thousands far more loyal than me.

I don’t recall ever wanting the club to fail.

But if it’s personal, you can expand anytime you like. I’m sure it will keep you amused.

2 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

C) want a better manager, better chairman and a club happy to support 

Not some embarrassing cowboy builder job 

If you are that embarrassed find another team that doesn't embarrass you or find something else to occupy your time. Seriously it's not worth wasting any more of your time and money on something that doesn't give you pleasure.

I like that fact that there are highs and lows in supporting Wednesday, winning all the time would become tedious. It's the low points that make the high points that bit sweeter and the high points are a consolation and provide happy memories for the low points.

The declines bring about change normally. If a team does badly for long enough the manager gets sacked and eventually you find the right manager and get on the right track again. There's always that hope of better times ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Jose and Klopp wouldn’t come within 100 miles of us, after all neither did Hughton. 
McClaren came and had a look round...I read the outcome as that he didn’t fancy it either.

Thank god for that. I really dislike him. a weak character who fails everywhere. I wouldn't employ him to clean the bogs.

• Like 1

This question feels a bit like DCs “would you rather we cut our cloth and sign players not good enough for this division, or keep signing decent players and charge you exorbitant prices to watch these top class players?” As we said at the time, fans will generally pick winning. If I recall there was no middle ground in the question we as fans were asked and no sensible suggestions like pursuing a policy more like Brentford’s, succession planning etc.  
With this question of course I’ll always support the team regardless of players or managers, of course I realise watching Wednesday is a life of ebbs and flows, but what really irks right now is we seem to have made so many bad decisions in the last 3 years when actually we could have been set for a good few years of positivity and advancement. Much like the late 90s from which we’ve still not recovered. This genuinely felt like the first realistic chance we’ve had and weve blown it on a massive scale. 
Personally, I’ve not seen anything in Monk at Wednesday or in his previous management stints to suggest he is a forward thinking, dynamic, charismatic leader and manager. The close season was a chance to appoint someone who more closely fit the bill. DC chose not to and I think he’s made another error, but Ill support Monk and the players, hope he turns it around and proves me wrong. 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

This. Monk is an inept manager but I am and will be behind the team always. As I was today.

But I will not stop campaigning for option C as it would be the best for our club. 

What if we win our first 6 games. Will you stop campaigning for C then?

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Quote:You can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter which is what backing Monk irrespective of the results he delivers amounts too. ???????????

So monk hits promotion form with his squad,you dont back him,turns around our season,you still dont back him....brings in a new quality striker,etc etc   Is that fair? objective? you say backing monk even if he is successful is 'polishing a turd'??   Why cant you let go of the second part of last season,wait and see,and give our manager a fair chance?

Not a Monk fan. Lost me in his dealings with the squad and team last season. That said, we are stuck with him and he has an extremely difficult job to do now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

I just don't get the assumption that not liking Monk, having no faith in him and wanting him out means that we actually want Wednesday to lose and are happy if we do. It's absolutely not the case at all. I went to Brentford at the height of Monk's shitness, unlike most people defending him on here, but I wanted us to win and took zero pleasure in watching his team get embarrassed. The paying fans who spent good time and money going to places like Brentford and Luton to be repaid in shít very vocally indicated their unhappiness, does that mean they're not proper supporters then and they were all happy that we'd lost?  Of course it doesn't. I've suffered watching us play under some absolutely bloody awful managers who I've wanted to be sacked but I've never once gone to a game not wanting us to win. 

I'm convinced that he'll never turn us round, but seeing as we're stuck with him for the time being there's little point in slating him after every game and we just have to hope that he suddenly somehow does become a good manager/coach and I'll be perfectly happy for him to prove me wrong (he won't though). And when he does leave, probably with us practically doomed to relegation at that point, I'll be too relieved to say I told you so, whereas his devotees will be nowhere to be seen.

What's really embarrassing are the people who try and defend his godawful record and performances but cant wait to shout from the rooftops on the rare occasions that we do get a result, hailing him as a genius and calling out the people who, with very good reason, don't like him. Same with the people who'll start threads saying I told you so when Rhodes eventually scores a goal. Pathetic. 

Great post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

I just don't get the assumption that not liking Monk, having no faith in him and wanting him out means that we actually want Wednesday to lose and are happy if we do. It's absolutely not the case at all. I went to Brentford at the height of Monk's shitness, unlike most people defending him on here, but I wanted us to win and took zero pleasure in watching his team get embarrassed. The paying fans who spent good time and money going to places like Brentford and Luton to be repaid in shít very vocally indicated their unhappiness, does that mean they're not proper supporters then and they were all happy that we'd lost?  Of course it doesn't. I've suffered watching us play under some absolutely bloody awful managers who I've wanted to be sacked but I've never once gone to a game not wanting us to win. 

I'm convinced that he'll never turn us round, but seeing as we're stuck with him for the time being there's little point in slating him after every game and we just have to hope that he suddenly somehow does become a good manager/coach and I'll be perfectly happy for him to prove me wrong (he won't though). And when he does leave, probably with us practically doomed to relegation at that point, I'll be too relieved to say I told you so, whereas his devotees will be nowhere to be seen.

What's really embarrassing are the people who try and defend his godawful record and performances but cant wait to shout from the rooftops on the rare occasions that we do get a result, hailing him as a genius and calling out the people who, with very good reason, don't like him. Same with the people who'll start threads saying I told you so when Rhodes eventually scores a goal. Pathetic. 

This sums things up perfectly ! Fantastic post can’t argue with one word 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Great post

No its not a 'great post' at all....many fans are unable to go to any games at all,for many reasons,work,having their kids Health & latterly through the Chansiri price  regime...does it make their views any less worthy? or is it now only the paying customer at the gate(well people who can afford & commit to a season ticket  really) Others pick their matches,watch on ifollow(like me today in the pub) listen on the radio,or subscribe......one way or another,we all pay to watch,& create a demand for the game,which means the clubs benefit from TV money.

Monks record? which one? the first half of the season? or the second?..cos that is embarrassing the fact that its never mentioned at all,is it?Not by you,nor anyone posting about the manager......No mention either of players paid a small fortune to perform & not make schoolboy errors...its all Monks fault...Ridiculous...I have yet to see a thread,or post even that stipulates GM is Johnfcukingtravolta.....most,if not all pro monk posts,are simply responses to posts spewing hate & bile over & over,with little if any objectivity.We are regaled time & time with 'facts' which inevitably boil down to one persons opinion.

Anyone who responds than is 'calling out the people who with very good reason dont like him'? its called having an opinion thats different to yours,not agreeing with you, & having similar 'good reason'...to disagree....there is no objectivity in your statement whatsoever in my view,we have played 1 game,won,and kept a clean sheet, and you post about being relieved if monk goes & worry about relegation?..Its always 'last season' notone word about this,,,,I dont myself know if monk will be the manager to turn the team around,no idea,but he is the manager in post,and until see different & things go dramatically wrong on the pitch due to him,i see no reason to post as you have.

I see r one who doesn't mention Bruce either? you know the guy who agreed a contract,than left? could have got us relegated by his actions coming & going,in such a fashion?...Who kept us up last season than?....was monk as manager wasn't it? we had enough points to stay up in our own right?..Thats not mentioned either
her

There are an attention seeking group of posters who fall into group A. They just want us to fail so they could say they were right and impose their superiority on us all.