Let's get it out there

There doesn't seem to be a thread anymore that doesn't refer to a season of doom and how Monk shouldn't employed by SWFC after the second half of last season - which I agree was turgid, alarmingly so considering the majority of performances from October - December 2019 (not league position because the majority of us suspected it was to just too good to be true).

So the question is, considering the vitriol towards him:

A. Would you rather the club failed, so you can come on here and say I told you you, carry on with your angst.

B. Or, see the team survive and progress this season,  and actually get behind the team and manager. 

It's that simple.

To those who want to answer - C. Get rid of Monk now: it isn't an option, Chansiri has allowed him to bring his own backroom staff in. He's probably here for a good 5-6 months.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

There doesn't seem to be a thread that doesn't refer to a season of doom and how Monk shouldn't employed by SWFC after the second half of last season - which I agree was turgid, alarmingly so considering the majority performances (not league position because the majority of suspected it was to just too good to be true).

A. Would you rather the club failed, so you can come on here and say I told you you, carry on with your angst.

B. See the team survive and progress this season,  and actually get behind the team and manager. 

It's that simple.

To those who want to answer - C. Get rid of Monk now: it isn't an option, Chansiri has allowed him to bring his own backroom staff in. He's probably here for a good 5-6 months.

Has to be B all day long. UTO

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

There doesn't seem to be a thread anymore that doesn't refer to a season of doom and how Monk shouldn't employed by SWFC after the second half of last season - which I agree was turgid, alarmingly so considering the majority of performances from October - December 2019 (not league position because the majority of us suspected it was to just too good to be true).

B. Or, see the team survive and progress this season,  and actually get behind the team and manager. 

It's that simple.

Its got to be B, the floor in this is I can't see the team progressing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

's that simple

it isn’t that simple though is it? If we get behind Monk to a man and cheer and compliment his every move, it won’t improve results if he continues to send the team out without a clear gameplan, picks players out of position and performances show no sign of improvement 

I think what you’re saying is that the fans should try to create a positive environment. You can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter which is what backing Monk irrespective of the results he delivers amounts too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely no Sheffield Wednesday supporter would say A. I actually quite like Monk, he says a lot of the right things, it just needs to be shown on the pitch. We are desperate for a few more players in though. 

Based on what I've read on here, I think some will think A but few will come on and admit it. 

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

it isn’t that simple though is it? If we get behind Monk to a man and cheer and compliment his every move, it won’t improve results if he continues to send the team out without a clear gameplan, picks players out of position and performances show no sign of improvement 

I think what you’re saying is that the fans should try to create a positive environment. You can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter which is what backing Monk irrespective of the results he delivers amounts too. 

I've not said get behind Monk, it's each to their own. But blaming him for every that isn't right can't be healthy - it must be exhausting, and I don't mean for Monk.

• Like 1

Monk has had a lot of stick. As all our previous managers get. 
some u can take to straight away...characters like Carlos. 
some u can’t like Jos the dross. 
Tbf to Monk he came in on his own. None of his staff n no one really does that. 
Had f all to work with. Started great n took us to third. Then the usual happened with KW n SH once he’d worked them out. (Something we prob never know why they kept getting dropped) 

Now he’s got his staff and a transfer window...but COVID strikes n ******** up end of season. Now finances are all to pot n prob got a small budget n got work with freebies n loans more than owt. On top of all that we have a -12 points to catch up.  
so what do people expect from him then?  Miracles?  
Hands tied from day dot. 
While he doesn’t inspire me with excitement in his interviews. Players have said he’s good etc etc. 
So give they guy n his staff a chance fgs. Before absolutely slaying him read this again n see how easy he’s had it. 
Could Jose or Klopp do well under same circumstance mmmm I don’t think they could 

• Like 7