Garry Monk post match reaction - "We controlled the game"

59 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's not that he hasn't done anything wrong though is it ? He's not going anywhere and he's trying to transition the team using younger players with pace...you know things that posters on here having been shouting the club to do over the last two years. Personally I'm quite happy to wait and see if he succeeds if the players are giving their all...but there again I'm not concerned about being right on social media 

No you’re more bothered about always taking the moral high ground.

Now that GM has finally got his own men in, is it unreasonable to give him at least a season (preferably two) to put his ideas into practice?

Is it reasonable to expect things to change overnight? 

No manager would thrive at S6,with the constant sniping from the least supportive generation of fans we have ever had.

The 1970s had teams that were IMHO, the worst that have ever represented the club, but the fans who still came then, did not create the poisonous atmosphere that this generation does.

I really don’t understand where the expectation comes from. We’ve never been a big club, we’ve not had huge numbers through the turnstiles, that any of us can remember. WHO THE F**K DO WE THINK WE ARE?

• Like 5

Just now, Dizzys Dad said:

Now that GM has finally got his own men in, is it unreasonable to give him at least a season (preferably two) to put his ideas into practice?

Is it reasonable to expect things to change overnight? 

No manager would thrive at S6,with the constant sniping from the least supportive generation of fans we have ever had.

The 1970s had teams that were IMHO, the worst that have ever represented the club, but the fans who still came then, did not create the poisonous atmosphere that this generation does.

I really don’t understand where the expectation comes from. We’ve never been a big club, we’ve not had huge numbers through the turnstiles, that any of us can remember. WHO THE F**K DO WE THINK WE ARE?

Nailed it

I honestly think some fans are that ridiculous that they think Garry Monk bringing his own team in means that all the problems we have are solved at 9am on the Monday morning they walk through the door to start their new jobs here

lol

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nailed it

I honestly think some fans are that ridiculous that they think Garry Monk bringing his own team in means that all the problems we have are solved at 9am on the Monday morning they walk through the door to start their new jobs here

lol

Wait and see the floodgates if we dont do well in the first few games, even though in my opinion we have a very tricky first few games.

I've seen a few comments saying they would respect Monk more if he came out and said we weren't good enough. This logic is frankly dumbfounding.

We've just won a game. The players are probably buzzing they're through a cup game when there has been multiple shocks. Dawson and the defense ecstatic they've kept another clean sheet (building confidence and cohesion). FDB has his first professional appearance under his belt. Penney after being in Germany for so long absolutely loving life with his performance and ready to have a chat with Monk about next game. Bannan geeing up the team as captain saying congrats pats on backs doing what a captain does. Brown thinking you know what I'm feeling pretty good after injury plagued couple of seasons.

Then Monk comes out and says not good enough? Come on wake up, it's not school football. The confidence would be destroyed before our first game.

Monk will know what needs to be worked on and will work constructively on it next week with the team. 

Some of the football manager playing people on here astound me at times

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Wait and see the floodgates if we dont do well in the first few games, even though in my opinion we have a very tricky first few games.

And what good will that do? We’re supposed to love SWFC, so why kick them when they’re down, instead of encouraging them to improve?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

And what good will that do? We’re supposed to love SWFC, so why kick them when they’re down, instead of encouraging them to improve?

Do you really think what people write on a fans forum has any impact either way on results ? Forums are for opinions and will split across the fan base but each and everyone is entitled to their own. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Do you really think what people write on a fans forum has any impact either way on results ? Forums are for opinions and will split across the fan base but each and everyone is entitled to their own. 

Not according to some on here lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris Apolon said:

I've seen a few comments saying they would respect Monk more if he came out and said we weren't good enough. This logic is frankly dumbfounding.

We've just won a game. The players are probably buzzing they're through a cup game when there has been multiple shocks. Dawson and the defense ecstatic they've kept another clean sheet (building confidence and cohesion). FDB has his first professional appearance under his belt. Penney after being in Germany for so long absolutely loving life with his performance and ready to have a chat with Monk about next game. Bannan geeing up the team as captain saying congrats pats on backs doing what a captain does. Brown thinking you know what I'm feeling pretty good after injury plagued couple of seasons.

Then Monk comes out and says not good enough? Come on wake up, it's not school football. The confidence would be destroyed before our first game.

Monk will know what needs to be worked on and will work constructively on it next week with the team. 

Some of the football manager playing people on here astound me at times

All very well, but that implies that football managers are always right, and never make mistakes, they do all the time. To be fair, I don’t care what he says, most of the time it’s different to what he does. I could see positive signs in the Walsall performance, but also enough to concern those who worry he might not have learned the lessons of last season

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

He's the most honest manager we have ever had

He never gives excuses he explains the situation and gives reasons

If he honestly believes that he is 'pleased overall' with that performance then we are in bigger trouble than I thought! 

This thread is like a set of 4 year olds arguing.

We know the squad of players we have at the moment is not as good as the players Carlos had to work with so it’s a bit hypocritical to argue that we should be flying and that if we are not it’s all Monk’s fault.

We are in transition, with a wage bill slashed by half and the 12 pts is a kick in the goolies.

We need to hope that we can replace the lost quality with attitude, team spirit, and organisation.

It ain’t going to be pretty.

For me the test for Monk will be whether he can blend the work rate etc with just enough football to make us a bit potent.

Starting Penny on the left , with Brown back in midfield will be a start.

19 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Did he mention the M6 motorway ‘cause the bastardcommentator did every 10 bastardminutes?

The problem was that there wasn't much of any note to comment on within the pitch was there?

18 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It’s not about what he says, it’s what he does that counts. I think he can look back on today’s performance, following on from the one against Leicester, and take some comfort. 

What comfort?

I am more concerned than comforted by what I have seen.

16 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I don't think he owes anyone an explanation. 

I wish some on here would engage their brain for more than two seconds, look past the end of their nose and try to figure out what the objective was today rather than bitching about Monk.

Maximum minutes on the pitch for ALL players likely to be in or around the first eleven, even if they were played out of position for part of the match.

Being defensively solid.

And FFS we won...

It was too soon for Windass to play 90 and Rhodes is a waste of time. The only different thing I'd have done was leaving Rhodes at home and bring in the young lad who played the last game.

Next week we have Windass and Katchunga up top. We should therefore look more balanced.

I'm already predicting that won't make some here any happier.

What is the point of doing that? Unless the plan is to continue playing them out of position what is the benefit of giving them a run out in a position they are unfamiliar with?

The only point we looked like actually scoring was when we had something resembling a striker for Brown to play off in a position that suits him. 

I'd like to be positive but being blind to what we are producing wont serve any purpose.