Enough is Enough

1 hour ago, John Howard said:

After supporting Wednesday for over 30 years through thick and thin ....sadly more thin than thick!! Today's performance means that until Monk goes I shall go into hibernation  . Izzy looked a good player against Leicester so today we play him out of position and he looks average . The whole team looked average against  ....Walsall .it was like watching paint dry . If anyone can see anything positive about the future then delusional is the only word .

Penney played well .However he will be playing centre forward next game .

Rant over ,however  untilt he man with no clue goes sadly I will be watching paint dry .

It was alarmingly similar to last season...no pace to our play whatsoever

Today was the day that Wednesday started their ascendency to the throne of English football, it's a shame so few were there to witness the occasion. 

Those few there will dine on the occasion for years, their offspring will still tell tales for centuries of today.

Walsall, brave and courageous they may be, but naive to think they could stand against a team bred for a single purpose; the destruction of English football as we know it.

Some Walsall players will never play again, their broken and battered bodies unable to take another game of football.  Clubs will merge or die, to try and gain enough strength to stand a chance against Wednesday.  But it will all be in vain.  This Wednesday side is built to rule, and rule it shall do 

No team can match our strength, quality and laser beam focus on the field, commanded by swinging ******** generals who will tactically oversee our glorious victories time after time.

Men against boys? No

Roman legions against toddlers? No

This was hoards of Vikings against amoeboids!

The second age of Sheffield Wednesday began today, remember it well.  The end of the EFL also began today, we will not remember them, no-one will.

Uto!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

If we're trying to be as positive as possible for the new season i think it's fair to say now is really where we get to see a true and honest reflection on Monk as a manager?

He's been able to finally bring in his own backroom staff, full COVID pre-season, ship out (most of) his unwanted players and bring in some new blood. I know it's obviously a difficult position for any manager given our financial situation and point deduction but at least from this point on any failures within the team will be 100% on him, there is no deflecting now. I'm not trying to make excuses for his completely woeful second half of the season but let's be honest it would have been a difficult ride for any manager coming into the circumstances he did.

Having said all that, my excitement for the new season still sits at a solid 1/10. Based on last season i still think Monk is out his depth and even if we got rid whoever comes in will still be in the same bad situation, limited budget, ageing past prime core of squad, lack of leaders, desperate need of goal scorers, point deduction etc.

We face a serious uphill battle this season and every game needs to be played like a cup final, every point counts and waiting too long to make big decisions could be very costly to our future. 

UTO.

The worry for me today was when the ball is with our CB’s they have no forward pass on whatsoever. Zero movement - the midfield is standing Like statues behind opposition players. So no long ball available cos no one to aim for and only a tough pass out to the WB’s is their option.

So sideways and back. 
What is the plan to get from back to front??? 

2 hours ago, John Howard said:

After supporting Wednesday for over 30 years through thick and thin ....sadly more thin than thick!! Today's performance means that until Monk goes I shall go into hibernation  . Izzy looked a good player against Leicester so today we play him out of position and he looks average . The whole team looked average against  ....Walsall .it was like watching paint dry . If anyone can see anything positive about the future then delusional is the only word .

Penney played well .However he will be playing centre forward next game .

Rant over ,however  untilt he man with no clue goes sadly I will be watching paint dry .

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Yes we weren't very good today, and I am guilty of criticising, but I'd take a win when we've not played well every week over a loss of any shape.

There is a lot to improve on, a striker being a main thing, but a win is a win. 

UTO

You master of the understatement, you.

garymegson

• Haha 1