DC...Don't let them sleep or rest, work every hour God sends.

I notice Lucas Joao score a hattrick yesterday for Reading.

At the start of last season we had Joao Fletcher FF Winall Nuhiu Rhodes.  

Think we've dug our own grave.

Good display at Leicester without looking like scoring. Mediocre yesterday and never looked like scoring.  

And goalscorers are the most difficult to find on free transfers.  

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is true BUT I honestly believe that is exactly what we have been doing for months

The minus 12 points thing might have some bearing on matters

We also don't know how much we can actually offer players

i think DC wants to get the wage bill under £18million, in expectation of the wage cap coming into place and being ahead of other teams on this!

Just now, jonnyowl said:

i think DC wants to get the wage bill under £18million, in expectation of the wage cap coming into place and being ahead of other teams on this!

Fair point

I wonder where we currently sit regarding that and how much our wage bill is?

Also - surely that means Rhodes and Westwood need to be offloaded ASAP no matter what?

Owlstalk Shop

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is true BUT I honestly believe that is exactly what we have been doing for months

The minus 12 points thing might have some bearing on matters

We also don't know how much we can actually offer players

tbf it must hamper the search eg -12  meaning poss relegation and poss clauses in contracts to cut wages if so 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heppers said:

Or perhaps someone that can score?

I believe we have enough people that can score. What we need is a proper centre-forward that can hold the ball up so we can get the whole team 20 to 30 yards further up the pitch and playing in the opposite’s half. 

I personally feel that we could sign the best goal scorer in this league and he wouldn’t score because we aren’t making the chances. 

We need a player like Fletcher or Nuhiu (no I don’t want him back) that can bring others into the attack when the ball is played forward because, from what I’ve seen so far, the ball is coming back too quickly. If that player is more “Fletcher” than “Nuhiu” then great and if that player is also a goal scorer then even better. 

I would then sign an “out and out” goal scoring striker next. 

If we don’t sign a proper “target man” centre-forward then we will have to play a possession game and work chances for the forwards and, let’s face it, we don’t have the players to play that game. Even at Man City, Pep has made Aguero introduce an element of “hold up” play into his game. 

The “recruitment” team includes DC himself. 

We will have the stats analyst types who id a range of players who meet the criteria and market then it’s over to other to do a deal.

Then there’s the other team, the player, their family making a decision etc we are probably down to that last phase and waiting for other people to do their bit