Penney

26 minutes ago, malek said:

Wrong, it is till the end of this season.

For me that shows the club still has a long way to go behind the scenes, whoever dealt with that clearly didn't feel offering Penny the deal he wanted for a longer contract, instead it seems we have gone with the "we will give you a chance" approach when hes clearly going to be a great player.. I don't see Penny demanding just 1 year

4 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Aren't we going overboard after 20 minutes against Walsall? Yes he did well but let him do it for 10 games against Championship opposition before we hail him as the new messiah - for his sake.

We have history with losing promising young players. We can’t allow another one to run his contract down

Has to be given a chance to tie down that left wing back spot after that. Immediately made an impression with our first shot on target.I would also like to see more of Harris on the right too.
A word of caution though. He looked very good when he first came into the team 2 years ago. 

Those commentators though. I heard Josh Penney. I heard Kevin Harris. Brown called Harris and Bashiru called Harris. Commentators clearly haven’t had a proper pre season.

• Like 1

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

He looks a footballer. I thought this 2 years ago when he played a number of games in the first half of the season. He runs well, he can beat a man, he can cross and he can strike a ball. 

He looks a player and we must develop him. 

Yep

Despite Monk being right in that we needed more pace and athleticism in the team and squad you need to balance that with a few footballers . After all it is called Football.

Penney is a far better footballer than Harris and the strikers would really benefit from him playing.

Best game he has had for us was playing wing back when we won at Villa. It’s his natural position.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Must start next week. The loan spell has done him the world of good. I dont think Odubadjo had a bad game but Penney just had that bit more quality when he came on.

A bit of hunger, well done, how long before monk knocks him back.

3 hours ago, Blatter said:

Has to be given a chance to tie down that left wing back spot after that. Immediately made an impression with our first shot on target.I would also like to see more of Harris on the right too.
A word of caution though. He looked very good when he first came into the team 2 years ago. 

Those commentators though. I heard Josh Penney. I heard Kevin Harris. Brown called Harris and Bashiru called Harris. Commentators clearly haven’t had a proper pre season.

I don’t usually mind Rob Palmer, but his lower league knowledge was a bit rubbish.  He also said Monk has experience managing another team who started the season on minus points at Birmingham.  Wrong.

And he kept called Tom Lees,  Leese 

Bit annoying 

• Thanks 1