Penney

I saw on multiple occasions in the first half Harris, Odubajo, Reach, even Bannan got into positions to cross the ball and decided against it, so I'm wondering if that was more of an instruction to keep playing short around the box, or a result of us not having any strikers on the pitch making the runs. Given how many times it happened and with all the different players (Bannan especially would usually whip balls in all day without a second thought) I don't feel inclined to blame the players themselves for not putting the ball in.

I've no idea if Penny was going against directions, or if it was a result of us bringing strikers on, but he certainly helped liven things up. Harris also started putting in crosses towards the end, so I wouldn't be surprised it that was an instruction earlier in the game.

Edited by Dan™
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Must start next week. The loan spell has done him the world of good. I dont think Odubadjo had a bad game but Penney just had that bit more quality when he came on.

Totally agree on Penney, very bright, great crosses and a good shot. I thought odubajo was very poor, only beat his man once and seems to be looking to go backwards rather than forwards.