Matt Le Tissier is cancelled

@owlstalk

Just now, 1867owl said:

Yeah, so being sacked means he's NOT entitled to share his views within the constraints of his profession.

Like I've said.

You're struggling so much with the basics as always, so I'll leave it there with you.

😂😂😂

Errrrr.....

ALREYT THEN?

I'd carry on with you but it would be like bullying

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Errrrr.....

ALREYT THEN?

I'd carry on with you but it would be like bullying

lol

Last time I engaged with you, you made such a plank out of yourself that you got all upset and embarrassed so you banned me 

😂😂😂😂

So probably best I don't engage with you because you're just too easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1867owl said:

A couple of people on this thread have asserted that Sky binned him off because of his views.

If that's true, then he isn't allowed an opinion.

Or he can, but he'll lose his job as a result.

13 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

Yeah I know.

So once again, he's not entitled to share his opinions as it means he'll get sacked.

Like @owlstalk, you're agreeing with me but making out you're disagreeing with me.

Bizarre.

You can hold whatever opinion you want.  But the minute you share it with thousands/millions of people you risk that opinion being at odds with your employer and thus costing you your job.  But his employer can't stop him having an opinion.  Hell they can't even stop him airing it, as long as it doesn't come back on them.  If he'd said it to his wife do you think this thread would exist?

• Like 2

Just not bothered...

4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

You can hold whatever opinion you want.  But the minute you share it with thousands/millions of people you risk that opinion being at odds with your employer and thus costing you your job.  But his employer can't stop him having an opinion.  Hell they can't even stop him airing it, as long as it doesn't come back on them.  If he'd said it to his wife do you think this thread would exist?

Yeah I get all that and agree with all of it.

The initial post I quoted by you was the ascertion that no one was telling him not to have an opinion, and that he was simply being called out on those opinions and debated.

I was simply pointing out that this isn't the case if he's lost his job as a result (if indeed, he did lose his job as a result).

Be interesting to see if other prominent covid deniers also lose their jobs.

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wrong (again)

He's perfectly within his rights to say what he wants

But he (quite rightly) won't be working for his employer as a result and as per his contract

It's called REAL LIFE

You should try living in it x

The problem with this is the likes of Gary Lineker whose views tend to totally differ with mine is allowed to spout off and keep his job. We need big employers to be consistent. 

3 hours ago, sMacLean said:

The problem with this is the likes of Gary Lineker whose views tend to totally differ with mine is allowed to spout off and keep his job. We need big employers to be consistent. 

So to be clear, you want everyone who doesn't agree with you to be sacked?  

His views tend to align with his employers though (and most people in a right minded society) so you're sh*t out of luck on that one.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...