Todays Lineup - Here's how the Owls lineup today

3 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Why play the only striker you have got and then get them injured in a game that obviously we would like to win, but the league is paramount.

Anyway there is enough on the bench to call in if needed.Your never happy whatever miserable sodlol

He plays against Cardiff then gets injured. What then? We're short of options regardless. We need him to get off the mark asap. Today's game was an opportunity for him to do so. Now regardless of what the press have been told, we're going to have a week on here where people are suggesting Rhodes is finished here and you know what, I think they're right.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the thing for me

I have zero issues or concerns with the starting lineup or Rhodes not playing but I do have some  real  concerns about our goalkeeping department (And no I'd not have  Westwood back under any circumstances before the usual lot start chirping up)

I hope the new goalkeeper coach improves these lads we have because it really does need it

I think Dawson has the potential to be a better keeper than Wildsmith, so I would probably pick him. Wildsmith seems to perform nearer to his ability week in, week out, whereas Dawson has had the odd great game and then others where he kicks like a spanner. Might never get his kicking and passing up to Premier League levels, but if he can become adequate at this, improve his concentration - then with his athleticism and shot-stopping he could still be a player.

These financial troubles have given him an opportunity, now up to him to grab it.

• Like 1

Can I just remind people that we are MINUS TWELVE POINTS  in the league

We have one striker

One striker that 99.999% of you have slated, hated, moaned about, don't rate, and slagged off for the last  god knows how long

And you want him risked in todays game?

lol

Aye... ALREYT THEN

We have one striker

One striker that 99.999% of you have slated, hated, moaned about, don't rate, and slagged off for the last  god knows how long

lol

Aye... ALREYT THEN

Yeah we know we only have one striker, although our manager believes he’s just signed another two

• Like 1

Just now, billyblack said:

Shows how crap rhodes must be when hes the only striker and get a start.

Reach up front?

Wheres Dunkley?

Think this may be a torrid affair

Dunkley isn't fit, nor is Windass or kenkungabunga. 

Zero point risking them In this game

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I bet not one  single other squad member is 'narked' about Rhodes wages

Those days are gone

Monk has shipped out all those who would get narked (whilst being on Instagram at the same time)

New era - squad mentality now

Rhodes is dead wood. I’d rather see a youngster on the bench just for the experience.

Rhodes narks me.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hope this doesn’t backfire on Monk, but if he thinks this is the line up to see off Walsall, it’s a big call  A bad start to the season will see the knives come out He has zero credit in the bank

I don’t think playing Rhodes as the main striker with nobody to play off strengthens the line up .

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Shows how crap rhodes must be when hes the only striker and get a start.

Reach up front?

Wheres Dunkley?

Think this may be a torrid affair

Dunkley is still recovering from a long term injury. We bought him to replace Abdi in that respect.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, camffiti said:

5-4-1 with Reach as a false 9? ... A tiki taka style will be required with that lineup 

Anything close to a long / early ball, will be a total waste 

Looks like Dawson is our cup keeper 

Maybe not, that could be what he thinks is his strongest lineup, and using the game as preparation for the league

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We have one striker

lol

Aye... ALREYT THEN

If you are suggesting we are keeping him for league games we are done for.