Todays Lineup - Here's how the Owls lineup today

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that is a pretty accurate statement Jim

But then again NO Sheffield Wednesday fan seems to rate Rhodes so it would be hypocritical to slate Monk for not picking him

Would you make that same argument with a goal keeper?  I like Reach, but his finishing is woeful so to put him in ahead of ANY striker is a bit mad.  What that must do to Rhodes' confidence god only knows.  I have literally no idea where our goals are coming from this season bar set pieces and long range hits from the midfielders.

Just not bothered...

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Being saved for the Cardiff game mate

Sensible management

Which further supports the fact we should have signed at least one striker by now. I see Bannan and Brown are playing, they will be crucial to the way we play and have no direct replacements but we aren't saving them for the Cardiff game.

Monk has little faith in Rhodes, justifiably so perhaps, but all the more reason to have made a striker a priority. Other clubs in our division with small resources have managed to bring in forwards who would have improved upon what we have.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that is a pretty accurate statement Jim

But then again NO Sheffield Wednesday fan seems to rate Rhodes so it would be hypocritical to slate Monk for not picking him

Why is he even around the squad? Knowing he is the clubs to earner and that he is dead wood must nark other squad members. Ship him out.

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

I reckon Dawson being picked suggests he's first choice. 

This is the thing for me

I have zero issues or concerns with the starting lineup or Rhodes not playing but I do have some  real  concerns about our goalkeeping department (And no I'd not have  Westwood back under any circumstances before the usual lot start chirping up)

I hope the new goalkeeper coach improves these lads we have because it really does need it

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, heppers said:

Why is he even around the squad? Knowing he is the clubs to earner and that he is dead wood must nark other squad members. Ship him out.

I bet not one  single other squad member is 'narked' about Rhodes wages

Those days are gone

Monk has shipped out all those who would get narked (whilst being on Instagram at the same time)

New era - squad mentality now

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Would you make that same argument with a goal keeper?  I like Reach, but his finishing is woeful so to put him in ahead of ANY striker is a bit mad.  What that must do to Rhodes' confidence god only knows.  I have literally no idea where our goals are coming from this season bar set pieces and long range hits from the midfielders.

Are you saying Reach is up front based purely on where he's listed on the team sheet?