Walsall - Wednesday OMDT

Just now, NewquayOwl said:

FFS, everyone get a bloody grip! Ok, it's not exhibition football but it's the first 45 minutes of a long season. I'm not expecting us to deliver from the off and Walsall look well drilled and disciplined. Give it time and the chances will come when it opens up a bit in the second half.

You’re completely missing the point. It’s not about delivering from the off, it’s about having a system and shred of ability.

This wouldn’t look out of place in the local park, they’re supposed to be professional footballers but all I’ve seen is an inability to control the ball, 2 players going for headers,

Its like when you see a game of street football and everyone crowds towards the ball

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

Doesn’t look up to it to me. Feared as much when I saw Att’s ‘highlights’ video. Barely a completed pass.

Agree totally but more worried about the £5m player in Reach that hasn’t controlled a single ball that has been played to him! 

• Like 2

Had  most of the play, but not created one clear change on goal. Up front not got a clue as for Reach well I don't know what to say. Running  about doing nothing. The team look all over the place. Two midfield players playing up front. Monk needs to get a grip. Pick the right team. It will be a long season going on this performance.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I already knew the answer, but the experiment of playing with 7 midfielders and no strikers doesnt work. 

Roll on penalties, this is boring.

Jos already tested this one to be fair.

When you have no strikers on the pitch, you keep the ball, play it on the deck, and work your way into the penalty box, play it like a five a side game Jeez, I know the passing game is an anathema to this manager, but it’s so bleeding obvious