6 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Every thread ends up either slagging Chansiri, slagging Monk or just generally slagging the club and its usually done by the same select few posters

6 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Its so Westwood can come in with the No1 shirt when Monk gets the sack...   He tried damn hard to get booted at the end of last season which has ended up with us starting this season with -12 points, now he is ignoring our best keeper and going to start the season with one useless striker, he must be thinking surely he can get his pay off soon...   Is Monk a United fan by any chance?  When we see Dawson as the lone striker we really know he is trying to get the sack.

Point proven

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Seen their prices in programmes and online etc.

Look em up, you'd be surprised, then it's another myth busted.

That's your proof?

Brilliant - myth busted.

2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Point proven

Well its valid when the squad numbers are released yet out best keeper is kept off the sheet...   And we have basically no strikers...

The Monk lovers im sure will say its DC's fault or some other reason.

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Really can't be arsed to prove it to be honest, carry on with the myth though eh.

Because you can't prove it.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

All the top 6 last season.  Then Brentford, Forest, Derby, QPR, Stoke even Millwall off the top, were the same as us, then we were on a par with a raft of clubs, the only ones with lower pricing were Luton, the dingle gimps and a couple of others.

I'm talking home fans there, couldn't give a squeaky sheite what we charge away fans.

We charge away fans the same as we charge home fans for Kop tickets (our cheapest stand, and similar view), as per football league rules. If our prices for away fans are at the very top of the spectrum, then how can our home tickets not be at the top as well?

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

be surprised but pleased if we bought in 2 more midfield players. I always thought number 5 was for a defender in the old days? 

Probably at least one versatile type.

6 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

By quoting a random post by somebody with a limited amount of previous posts?

it was more the point of a poster turning a thread about squad numbers into a anti Monk rant 

But don't worry about it i'm happy with the squad numbers because i don't really care about squad numbers and that's really what this thread is about 

Just now, PARKOWL said:

it was more the point of a poster turning a thread about squad numbers into a anti Monk rant 

But don't worry about it i'm happy with the squad numbers because i don't really care about squad numbers and that's really what this thread is about 

Agree, but whatever the reason the pricing point came about, it was suggested that something was made up and a myth, yet it isn't and also needs challenging/looking at.

Feeling positive as I usually do before a new season but looking at that squad list is scary. To think it wasn't that long ago we had Forestieri, Joao, Fletcher, Hooper up top and now we only have Rhodes as an out and out striker

Happy with our signings so far and I do think we'll overcome the -12 to stay up but we desperately need some more firepower

Chris Martin would have been a bloody good start on a free but he's joined Bristol City

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

What the relevnce of 45 ?

All these spare numbers and Kachunga gets Forestieri's old shirt

Thought it had been retired out of respect for his one good season.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Because you can't prove it.

The info is there mate, all this guff about charging the highest in the league is pure made up bo!lock5 by people with a massive grudge against DC.

Don't believe the myth!

• Haha 1
Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

The info is there mate, all this guff about charging the highest in the league is pure made up bo!lock5 by people with a massive grudge against DC.

Don't believe the myth!

You not see the post above?

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

You not see the post above?

Yes I did, it says AWAY tickets if I'm not mistaken?

Really don't give a flip what we charge away supporters!

Fact is, our HOME prices are bang average to be fair, other clubs charge their fans more, for HOME games.

Edited by The_Limit_Owl
  • Haha 1
Just now, The_Limit_Owl said:

Yes I did, it says AWAY tickets if I'm not mistaken?

Really don't give a flip what we charge away supporters!

Fact is, our HOME prices are bang average to be fair, other clubs their fans more, for HOME games.

We charge away supporters the same as we do on the Kop - so whether you care what we charge them or not, it proves that we are right up at the top of the home prices as well, especially since the top 2 have now been promoted as well.

• Like 1