Squad Numbers

1 minute ago, malek said:

Fully expected us not to give number 1 shirt to either Wildsmith or Dawson. 

Guess it is Monk's way of sending message how he expect them to fight hard with each other for that starting spot. 

I agree with this 100% it’s more a reflection on how close they are and still not sure 100% who’s is his number 1 then saying he not happy with them 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

Answer: Yes 29.94% No 70.06%

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

Answer: Yes: 70.14%  No: 29.86%

Chansiri: Thankyou for taking part in the survey, however I have decided to maintain the prices at the levels in Question 2 and Promote a reduced level of investment as detailed in Question 1.

• Haha 2

I'm not a complete traditionalist, I don't care if numbers 1-11 are out best players.

But what is the point in leaving so many of the numbers 1-11 vacant and then going so far into the numbers.

I cant see it being awaiting new signings given the high numbers some of our most recent signings have.

And I know some players have preferred numbers but I can't see the entire squad being like that.

Is it just a ploy to sell more double digit printing in the club shop?

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Its not exactly a pat on the back for Rhodes those is it, you are my main striker who I want to score the goals to get us out of this mess we are in.

Oh by the way I am giving you the number 20 shirt, so I can give No9 to the player we bring in on loan when you are not delivering the goodsWTF:

or Alternatively 

Monk: Rhodes What number do you want ?

Rhodes: Im not bothered gaffer chuck us the number 20 

Monk: Are you sure, because there might be a few fans who take it as a negative slant towards you 

Rhodes: Im fine with it

Ever thought that the majority of modern day footballers don't think like the old footballers and really don't give a monkeys about it, the majority have known nothing else but squad numbers 

23 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I'm not a complete traditionalist, I don't care if numbers 1-11 are out best players.

But what is the point in leaving so many of the numbers 1-11 vacant and then going so far into the numbers.

I cant see it being awaiting new signings given the high numbers some of our most recent signings have.

And I know some players have preferred numbers but I can't see the entire squad being like that.

Is it just a ploy to sell more double digit printing in the club shop?

Why do players get a preference to what number they'd like ? Should be allocated to them 1-11 and the rest 12-25 

5 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

You're not though are you?

Can this ridiculous myth about our prices being higher than anybody else's be nipped in the bud please.

Every thread ends up either slagging Chansiri, slagging Monk or just generally slagging the club and its usually done by the same select few posters

50 minutes ago, MRMIFF said:

I agree with this 100% it’s more a reflection on how close they are and still not sure 100% who’s is his number 1 then saying he not happy with them 

Its so Westwood can come in with the No1 shirt when Monk gets the sack...   He tried damn hard to get booted at the end of last season which has ended up with us starting this season with -12 points, now he is ignoring our best keeper and going to start the season with one useless striker, he must be thinking surely he can get his pay off soon...   Is Monk a United fan by any chance?  When we see Dawson as the lone striker we really know he is trying to get the sack.

4 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

All the top 6 last season.  Then Brentford, Forest, Derby, QPR, Stoke even Millwall off the top, were the same as us, then we were on a par with a raft of clubs, the only ones with lower pricing were Luton, the dingle gimps and a couple of others.

I'm talking home fans there, couldn't give a squeaky sheite what we charge away fans.

Absolute BS.

6 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Every thread ends up either slagging Chansiri, slagging Monk or just generally slagging the club and its usually done by the same select few posters

6 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Its so Westwood can come in with the No1 shirt when Monk gets the sack...   He tried damn hard to get booted at the end of last season which has ended up with us starting this season with -12 points, now he is ignoring our best keeper and going to start the season with one useless striker, he must be thinking surely he can get his pay off soon...   Is Monk a United fan by any chance?  When we see Dawson as the lone striker we really know he is trying to get the sack.

Point proven