Owls searching for a main striker “It’s an area we know we need to strengthen”

Just now, SwellOwl said:

To put everyone out of their misery, these are the players last season that scored 15+ last season. 

Interesting names that made the list, from clubs that didn’t achieve much at all.

60BADB91-5D5A-4AE6-A982-3729245A9F18.png

That can’t be right, @Eaton_Swfc Says it’s simple, that we need 2 strikers on 15 goals each or we’re relegated and only one club achieved this last term. Almost as if his made up logic is not only not really simple, but instead damn near impossible. I guess we’re doomed! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

We need a minimum of 3 strikers, 2 of whom need to find form early and be 15 goal a season strikers or we get relegated. 

It really is that simple on -12 points. 

Last time we went to the play-offs, our top scorers had 12 and 10.

Dem Blades just had their best season in almost half a century and their top scorer had SIX.

In the 6 consecutive seasons where Jordan Rhodes got 20 or more goals, his teams were promoted once.

When we were relegated in 1990, Hirst scored 16 and Atkinson 15.

West Brom were runners up last season and no one got more than 11.

Last time someone scored 20 for us in a season we finished 15th in League One.

Jarrod Bowen scored 17 for the team that finished bottom of the Championship.

Karlan Grant scored 19 for Huddersfield in 18th.

If we need about 60 points to avoid relegation, Derby, Millwall and Preston all managed that last season with a top scorer of 13 or less.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Last time we went to the play-offs, our top scorers had 12 and 10.

Dem Blades just had their best season in almost half a century and their top scorer had SIX.

In the 6 consecutive seasons where Jordan Rhodes got 20 or more goals, his teams were promoted once.

When we were relegated in 1990, Hirst scored 16 and Atkinson 15.

West Brom were runners up last season and no one got more than 11.

Last time someone scored 20 for us in a season we finished 15th in League One.

Jarrod Bowen scored 17 for the team that finished bottom of the Championship.

Karlan Grant scored 19 for Huddersfield in 18th.

If we need about 60 points to avoid relegation, Derby, Millwall and Preston all managed that last season with a top scorer of 13 or less.

karlan Grant. I wonder how much he would cost us. Getting 19 goals in that Huddersfield side is very impressive. 

33 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

That can’t be right, @Eaton_Swfc Says it’s simple, that we need 2 strikers on 15 goals each or we’re relegated and only one club achieved this last term. Almost as if his made up logic is not only not really simple, but instead damn near impossible. I guess we’re doomed! 

So the 30 goals between two players isn't essential, I agree. But last season Reach-Bannan-Luongo probably didn't get 10 between them. That has to change.

Factor in the minus twelve, it's quite plausible that from Feb onwards we'll be touching the cloth. Unless we're cut adrift.

But for some reason, I'm looking forward to it. 

Monkmanface

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Philb125 said:

After watching Wales tonight, I’m still left puzzled and upset why we didn’t break the bank for Moore. He’s such a good target man, looks better in a better team. 

That miss by Finland from a couple of yards out was Wednesday-esque.

• Haha 1