Owls searching for a main striker “It’s an area we know we need to strengthen”

30 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

The fact that every Tom ******** and Harry knew that every striker we had bar Rhodes was out of contract 

He never played winnall 

And he was very niave to expect nuhiu and fletcher to resign 

Virus or not 

Any manager would have had summer plans sorted by February 

Talk to the chairman, find out what funds are available and start looking at targets 

It's fairly obvious that this hasn't been done and now we are panicking 

Summer plans sorted by February 😂😂

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

The fact that every Tom ******** and Harry knew that every striker we had bar Rhodes was out of contract 

He never played winnall 

And he was very niave to expect nuhiu and fletcher to resign 

Virus or not 

Any manager would have had summer plans sorted by February 

Talk to the chairman, find out what funds are available and start looking at targets 

It's fairly obvious that this hasn't been done and now we are panicking 

Panicking ???   Monk seems quite content with the business we’ve done so far 

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Hesitate to say this because its crying over spilt milk but I we had signed G Hirst two years ago he would now be in a prime spot to start first team games. 

And he's just the kind of striker we are looking for. 

Yeah look at all those goals he’s scored since leaving 👀

Decent at academy level is all George Hirst has proven,  needs a league one/two loan

Absolutely bizarre the way some people rate George Hirst on here 

3 hours ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Are you saying that in January Monk knew there's be a global lockdown, cancellation of the entire football calendar, a hasty recommencing of the season and the shortest pre-season in history.....?

Interesting. . .in that case "Monk aht!"....or summat ..

No obviously not saying that. I’m saying had he made better decisions in the signings he made we might not be in this spot now. But you knew that.

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

The problem with dealing with it in January is we had the court case hanging over us. 

Hence no doubt the reason why we got loans in. Not a great financial idea to sign another championship striker on biig wages. Lose the case and get relagated (which was a possibility with what was being said) then your trying to trim the wages for a division 1 sqaud and less revenue with an extra financial mill stone to deal with. 

As for gettimg a striker in at least were trying, but I've a feeling we won't get the ones we want, so will end up with a deadline day loan (as usual) lol

My point is that the the three he signed, de Cruz simply wasn’t good enough, wickham was injury prone and probably out of our price range anyway. In January we were in a reasonable position to attract a couple of strikers with a bit of a more long term plan. A young premier league striker with an option for a full season. 

11 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

I for one would rather we signed the right kind of forward than one just to fill numbers and appease the fanbase.

I'm okay with who we have signed thus far given what we are faced with.

That being said, any forward we sign would seemingly see Monk get criticism from a select group...

For me the problem is GM has made an issue about players commitment and needing to clear players out. He even said at Christmas players would be shown the door. So he knew we had a big recruitment job on. The worry for me is at the end of June he didn’t know if Adthe was staying or going, and even yesterday stated he still wasn’t sure. That to me smacks of a lack of planning, and that’s what worries me. It could be FJ9 all 9ver again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Sorry mate, no I didn't.

You do know we're not the first in line for all players don't you?

Doesn’t seem to be stopping other clubs. Coventry have signed ten I understand 

2 minutes ago, swissmess said:

I would love to know which striker with all these desirable attributes listed over and over again is going to want to come to a club booked for a relegation dogfight. People need to get real.

Perhaps one who thinks the same as midfielder Izzy Brown

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

For me the problem is GM has made an issue about players commitment and needing to clear players out. He even said at Christmas players would be shown the door. So he knew we had a big recruitment job on. The worry for me is at the end of June he didn’t know if Adthe was staying or going, and even yesterday stated he still wasn’t sure. That to me smacks of a lack of planning, and that’s what worries me. It could be FJ9 all 9ver again.

Didn't someone say all the planning should have been done in January... ad nauseum 

Just now, Plonk said:

It's a fair enough comment, I think the only caveat to this is that he could have asked the powers that be for a list as long as his arm but how many immediately turned us down due to the predicament we are in? We just don't know.

He could have planned, those above him could have planned but that's all it was, planning. No guarantees it would have come off and I don't want us to sign players because they're available that don't fit the new focus for the team