10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Watch the video and hear what Monk is saying 

We need a new main striker still

He has identified some 

He did that early
The club is working hard to make it happen

Theres huge competition 
It’s an ongoing situation

...and none of that is a revelation to anyone who stops screaming what a disaster it all is for just a few seconds.

• Like 6

Said it in another thread. He should have used January’s window better and we wouldnt  be

feckin about like this. At least he’s acknowledging he knows it’s a problem, bu5 this for me is the crucial signing. 

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Said it in another thread. He should have used January’s window better and we wouldnt  be

feckin about like this. At least he’s acknowledging he knows it’s a problem, bu5 this for me is the crucial signing. 

Trouble is in January we still had Forestieri, Fletcher, Fox, Winnall and Nuhiu on the payroll. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

Only had since January to identify targets 

So has everyone else.

Which players are going to resign for their club?

Which current loanies out would be made permanent? 

Which recovering players would be fit for a new season?

How much do clubs want for their players and can we afford it?

So many variables. 

And every club is doing the same as us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think any panic is understandable if he suggests that it may not be until the next window. The trade off, if we don’t have such a player in place by the start of the season, or as near to it as possible, doesn’t bear thinking about. That type of player is crucial to the way our attack will function. The local rag might like to think we have just recruited two strikers, but that’s not the case, Windass has spent most of his career playing, either just behind the strikers, or wide right. 80% of Kachunga’s appearances in the last three years, have been as a wide player. Both are useful additions, but cannot function without a main striker

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think any panic is understandable if he suggests that it may not be until the next window. The trade off, if we don’t have such a player in place by the start of the season, or as near to it as possible, doesn’t bear thinking about. That type of player is crucial to the way our attack will function. The local rag might like to think we have just recruited two strikers, but that’s not the case, Windass has spent most of his career playing, either just behind the strikers, or wide right. 80% of Kachunga’s appearances in the last three years, have been as a wide player. Both are useful additions, but cannot function without a main striker

Somebody will be along shortly to tell you that Rhodes just needs a run of games and the right service... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

We have to sign a leader of the line who is proven, good quality and will stay fit. The whole system seems to be geared to this. 

With such a Fletcher-type we have options. I'm not necessarily suggesting Rhodes should play, but any chance of Rhodes coming good depends on him playing in a two up front alongside such a "target man", though Rhodes coming good would be a bonus.

We all appreciate we have to get value for money and we don't have much cash to spend but this is the one thing we have to be prepared to spend on. We have to get this right and soon, otherwise it could be a long and depressing season characterised by a lack of goals.

Didn’t he also say it might not be addressed until the next transfer window? We simply can’t go that long with the current crop of strikers. Also I’m guessing from what he said the ones he identified early on (before the point deduction) will now be out of our league? 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Gary Monk not signed a competent striker shocker.

The excuses have started, they will be:

The team needs time to get used to playing together.

We are waiting on a club to do a deal before we can get on it.

Once the EPL teams have finalised their squad we can bring one in.

We have to get players out before more come in.

The player has not had a preseason so they need to get fit.

Injuries happen when the player has not been playing regularly.

Did I miss any :duntmatter:

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Didn’t he also say it might not be addressed until the next transfer window? We simply can’t go that long with the current crop of striker. Also I’m guessing from what he said the ones he identified early on (before the point deduction) will now be out of our league? 

There you go fixed it for youlol