Sheffield Wednesday NOT looking for new keeper

21 hours ago, Jim said:

Willdsmith first made the breakthrough five years ago and looked a decent prospect back then. The season Carlos left I thought he had a good season and was arguably one of our best players that campaign. Then Jos dropped him to have a look at Dawson and from that point on despite indifferent form he got his nose in front of him. I think Wildsmith's confidence took a knock because of that and I think he also suffered a serious injury and has been playing catch up ever since.

FWIW I think Wildsmith has got a chance but it's a gamble to go with him this season. As for Dawson he's never been a championship keeper and never will be. **** selects him then I think we are definitely going down?

Pretty much agree with that. 

If I remember rightly though, the year Carlos left, Wildsmith started off well after Westwood got injured but his form sipped as the season went on. QPR away and I think Brum at home were two bad games for him that come to mind. Jos brought Dawson in and rested Wildsmith due to form. 

21 hours ago, Jim said:

Willdsmith first made the breakthrough five years ago and looked a decent prospect back then. The season Carlos left I thought he had a good season and was arguably one of our best players that campaign. Then Jos dropped him to have a look at Dawson and from that point on despite indifferent form he got his nose in front of him. I think Wildsmith's confidence took a knock because of that and I think he also suffered a serious injury and has been playing catch up ever since.

FWIW I think Wildsmith has got a chance but it's a gamble to go with him this season. As for Dawson he's never been a championship keeper and never will be. **** selects him then I think we are definitely going down?

^^^ This for both keepers in my opinion and it will be GMs undoing. Seems he’s getting a half decent side together but your keeper has to be dominant. Neither are. Not good enough.