Sheffield Wednesday NOT looking for new keeper

Has the fanbase ever believed in Wildsmith or Dawson ?

Theres always been a nervy kind of feeling towards both, you get the feeling we want to scream and cry about our academy not producing anything but would rather the lads learnt there trade elsewhere 

I have said it before, you need a git as a keeper.  I've not played with,  or met,  a good keeper that I like.  Keepers are obsessed with clean sheets, nothing is their fault, call you out for absolutely nothing and generally are awful people to be around on the pitch and in the changing room.  Of course, we have such a character in the goalkeeping group.  The problem with the two that are in contention is that they are good characters and easy to get on with .  Wildsmith is close to Palmer for example.  You dont really want your defenders to be matey with your goalie, you want a bit of tension there.

Personally i would go get another goalie for next season.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, owlsdreamer said:

Neither are ,or will ever be good enough

If we have to score 3 goals to win most games after the usual 2 clangers, cant see us doing that enough times.

The club, the manager, the coaching staff think otherwise. They work with them on a daily basis and are far more qualified, so I will trust their judgement.

The problem I have with both of them is their form dipped alarmingly when we started our bad run, Dawson pre-lockdown and Wildsmith after a couple of bad results after the restart. Whilst I’d write neither off I do feel we maybe need a bit of experience in there with a calm head.

5 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Then he will swap again when the one hes just put in starts droppin ballacks..anyway thats what im sayin will happen..we will have to wait n see

He didn’t though did he.....he dropped Dawson for Wildsmith and then stuck with him despite the balllacks.

4 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Neither are ,or will ever be good enough

If we have to score 3 goals to win most games after the usual 2 clangers, cant see us doing that enough times.

You’re talking rubbish...Dawson had a better clean sheet ratio than Westwood

Edited by Ian

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, parajack said:

So the only way that would happen,is if the team bombed,and results were dire.......i really ask myself why people bother posting like that...

👍 agreed, never understand why people want us to fail so they can say “ I told you so”

3 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

The club, the manager, the coaching staff think otherwise. They work with them on a daily basis and are far more qualified, so I will trust their judgement.

Both are capable of brilliance,though both i think have suffered from a lack of confidence in the defence in front of them....If that issue is resolved,and the silly mistakes and schoolboy defending stops,than we may well be pleasantly surprised.

Clean sheets may start coming(probably together with a few 0-0 & 1-0,2-1 wins(either way,but hopefully ours)  thats my prediction,tight at the back,prob playing a counter attacking game,with fast overlapping...Cant see us playing out from the back,so will need a target man up front....we will see

1 minute ago, Swiss Toni said:

If this is the case it would be good for Monk to say ‘X’ is my #1 for the season rather than just keep rotating them after the odd mistake.

Add to that they need a defence in front of them that doesn’t keep changing week on week.