Sheffield Wednesday NOT looking for new keeper

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hmmmm I'm honestly not so sure.

Hopefully with a stronger defence in front of them and a new goalkeeping coach they will do much better, but last season they looked a million miles away from being confident assured safe goalkeepers who could be first choice keepers in a critical Championship campaign

That's not bashing them/the club by the way. I just think that the goalkeeper department is the only real worrying aspect of our whole setup now if we're definitely not bringing another main keeper in.

Under different financial circumstances, I would probably bring in a keeper but as things stand now we would be better off directing our resources elsewhere.  

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 minutes ago, Ian said:

So what will Saturday’s choice of keeper mean

Will the one chosen be first choice or will they be the cup keeper and the other one will play the league games as no.1

That’s actually a good question 

Guest mrbluesky
27 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I did call this a while back..i said there would be no way we are signing another keeper

Christ, no fly`s on you!! how did you come to this conclusion????

Guest Willow Owl
26 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Idiot! Will be his and our downfall!

Last time I checked we play 11 players from the start. How can 1 position be the club and managers downfall.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
44 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Last time I checked we play 11 players from the start. How can 1 position be the club and managers downfall.

Seen as it’s the most important one. Choosing from a Calamity or a chocolate fire guard. Both were APPALLING last year. Just hope one of them has seriously improved 

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Ian said:

So what will Saturday’s choice of keeper mean

Will the one chosen be first choice or will they be the cup keeper and the other one will play the league games as no.1

He will be swapping em all season..never a good situation when you dont have an out and out number 1 keeper..bad for the keepers and bad for the defence

26 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

He will be swapping em all season..never a good situation when you dont have an out and out number 1 keeper..bad for the keepers and bad for the defence

Why do you think that....he didn’t do that last season

Guest Therealrealist
6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Why do you think that....he didn’t do that last season

Cus they both drop plenty of clangers..so he will start with one till hes had enough then put the other in

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Seen as it’s the most important one. Choosing from a Calamity or a chocolate fire guard. Both were APPALLING last year. Just hope one of them has seriously improved 

10 players in front before it gets to the keeper. Defensively wise we were abysmal second half of season. Both keepers did make mistakes, but nowhere near as many as the defence in front of them. In my opinion,Neither were appalling as you suggest.

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, Ian said:

Even if that did happen it’s not really swapping all season is it.

Then he will swap again when the one hes just put in starts droppin ballacks..anyway thats what im sayin will happen..we will have to wait n see