Keiran Lee and Adthe Nuhiu... could it actually be happening??

I wouldnt gamble on Lee.  A fine player but has spent long, long periods out injured.

Nuhiu yes in theory - he is a sub to throw on and cause mayhem if we need it.  Personally I think Nuhiu is best trying to find a new club and being a starting eleven player for last couple of decent years of his career.

7 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

He also goes on to say he's looking for a younger more dynamic squad, so the full statement suggests it's not happening..

Maybe, but if that was the case then why say ‘at the moment, yes they’re gone’?

He could have simply said yes they have left or we have no intention of re-signing them, something along those lines. Instead he sort of implied the door is still open, perhaps if other options don't come to fruition. 

1 hour ago, superowls23 said:

Both Central midfielders to me. 

Lee used to drift around the attacking 1/3 rd of the pitch and then make bursting runs into the box. He doesn’t do any of that anymore and quite simply isn’t the same player since his injury. He also seemed to pick up more niggling injuries and was unavailable for a lot of the last year, probably a consequence of running on a gammy hip.

Pelupessys job is to sit infront of the back 4, win the ball or cut down the space for the opposition. He’s also very rarely unavailable. 

2 completely different players. If we are spending any wages on a Central midfielder for me we need someone to shield the back 4 ideally with a physical presence and some athleticism because I think we still lack that in our midfield. 

Lee is better than Pelupessy at what Lee does best. 

Lee is also better than Pelupessy at what Pelupessy does best. 

I’m just of the view that if it’s cheap enough, on a short term deal and we are down to the bare bones for a game or 2, theoretically speaking u only have Lee or Pelupessy both fit to play, to choose from for centre mid, who is it you choose? Because I believe any football fan with eyes goes for Lee

Edited by superowls23
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I wouldnt gamble on Lee.  A fine player but has spent long, long periods out injured.

Nuhiu yes in theory - he is a sub to throw on and cause mayhem if we need it.  Personally I think Nuhiu is best trying to find a new club and being a starting eleven player for last couple of decent years of his career.

Mayhem...haha awful