Keiran Lee and Adthe Nuhiu... could it actually be happening??

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Fact is Lee although not the player he was due to injury can still be a very good CM player in the championship.

Nuhiu would be a better option up front than Rhodes Kachunga and Windass. He should have been retained as a 4th choice striker IMO as he makes a difference when he comes on but we are clearly unable to get decent strikers to join so I would be very happy with him returning. Monk will play long ball which will suit him and with Windass/Kachunga running off him it may work.

I dispute at this stage your proposal that "we are clearly unable to get decent strikers to join" Premiership clubs have yet to finalise their 25 man squads and at that stage the fringe players of the Premiership clubs will consider their options. At the moment they are sat with their finger crossed. Opportunities will open up as the eleventh hour approaches. We must be patient.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I’m sure you understand why I said that , if not I’m happy to pass my thoughts on or perhaps you are happy with the way things are ? 

Hey, some think we're going for promotion (we're miles away from that) some suck it up because of the situation SWFC finds itself in, some think Monk is the worst thing to ever happen to SWFC, some think SWFC can just wave a contract in front of any player from anywhere and they'll sign it.

Am as happy as can be thanks. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Why not resign winnall as well?

we never offered him another contract, there still appears to be on the table the contracts we offered these 2  at the end of the season 

39 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I dispute at this stage your proposal that "we are clearly unable to get decent strikers to join" Premiership clubs have yet to finalise their 25 man squads and at that stage the fringe players of the Premiership clubs will consider their options. At the moment they are sat with their finger crossed. Opportunities will open up as the eleventh hour approaches. We must be patient.

All decent strikers will have better options than a club in termoil starting on -12 tho 

I just have one question for Mr Monk will either of them play 30 games if they resign - If the answer is NO then using his own logic to say why things have gone wrong then we need not to sign them.

We have one striker currently but in central midfield we have Bannan, Brown, Windass, Pelupessy, Dele-Bashiru, Hunt, Luongo I think 7 players for 2 or 3 spots is more than enough cover, if Lee was a balling winning midfielder great but he isn't. 

Its a no from me like with others their best years are behind them - it is time to move on and getting in younger, fitter and better players

Untitled.jpg.c1169c96310d6e3eda5141b5911e2e5a.jpgI heard he got offered a contract extra one year extension ...

But he’s Seeing out his contract that he made just after lockdown he’s got another one week left on his contract at Blackpool beach  Think of them poor kids

By the way this is the closest I could find to a donkey

E932C2C1-0C4E-447F-9F2E-244C769CBBFD.gif

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

Untitled.jpg.c1169c96310d6e3eda5141b5911e2e5a.jpgI heard he got offered a contract extra one year extension ...

But he’s Seeing out his contract that he made just after lockdown he’s got another one week left on his contract at Blackpool beach  Think of them poor kids

By the way this is the closest I could find to a donkey

E932C2C1-0C4E-447F-9F2E-244C769CBBFD.gif

That's so much effort  to put  in to what is clearly the WORST POST EVER

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I just have one question for Mr Monk will either of them play 30 games if they resign - If the answer is NO then using his own logic to say why things have gone wrong then we need not to sign them.

I'm not quite sure you (deliberately?) really understood the managers point earlier

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Not sure what his wages are but it seems we have several midfielders now all battling for the same position. If we were to only get 1 of them I’d rather have Atdhe, purely because we are lacking up front.

I've just said the same. 

KL has been one of my favourite players of the last decade, but putting sentimentality aside,We have adequate cover there and I'd like us to be able to give the likes of hunt who looked good in his cameos off the bench more development time on the pitch where we can. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Even if we did take Nuhiu back (personally hope we don’t) we would still need to sign another striker, someone that knows where the net is. Fletcher still hasn’t been replaced, his presence and more importantly goals need replacing. 

This is my biggest fear right now, I'm happy with the signings so far. 

They all add something to the squad, but as it stands we're at the moment unless we can get a proper striker in were up front about as TOOTHLESS AS A DINGLE!! lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Who would you put on to impact a game 

Lee or Joey ?

Nuhui or ? 

No brainier really if we are short 

Spot on.

When considering who to bring on, you would choose Lee over Joey to impact a game, you would also choose ? over Nuhiu, like you say, no brainer - get Lee and ? signed up.

• Like 1