Keiran Lee and Adthe Nuhiu... could it actually be happening??

For the first time since Bosman won his case, probably a lot longer, the clubs hold the cards - ok, not in top flight football but every level below.

Players are going to find it harder and harder to get better deals at new clubs, and agents are going to find it harder to keep the player merry go round going to keep lining their pockets.

Lee was one of our best players but he’s a shadow of that now.

Nuhiu offers an effective alternative to the 5’9 Windass or Kachunga, neither of whom are out and out strikers. We still only have Rhodes as a genuine striker.

My only doubt about Nuhiu is how he would react to a considerable salary drop. Not many folk could shrug it off and give their all. 

• Like 1

I love Nuhiu and Lee is my most favourite player of the last 20 years. I don’t know how I’d feel if they came back. We need to move on from where we were. Lee isn’t the player he was and is injury prone and, although we need a properly centre-forward, I don’t think Nuhiu fits Monk’s desire to play in a dynamic way. I want Monk to stamp his ideas on the club rather than rehashing the existing squad. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Anyone surprised neither have been snapped up by anyone else yet? 

Negative..i cudnt be less surprised tbh..despite all the opposition managers praising nuihu..not one of them want him 🤨

Wouldn't mind Nuhiu if we still sign one more striker (goalscorer) too and got rid of/ignored Rhodes, would give us a decent variety of options upfront.

Lee still much better than Pelupessy

22 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Well for me we need to move on , we didn’t do much last season in fact it was relegation form from Christmas. Start afresh Ideal opportunity, are we aiming for promotion or just a mid table bore fest ? 

"Are we aiming for promotion".......... Gotta be the quote of the summer so far. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If they do come back, would it show that Plan A has not been successful in all its aims?

Theres always going to be variables and vary rarely does plan A come off without a hitch. There's no guarantee players will either be in budget, available or want to join. A good strategist or logistical person will try to have back up plans. 

Kieron Lee was probably my favourite Wednesday player in the last decade, but I'm not sentimental and I'm not sure we need him if we're going to try further the development of Hunt, bashiru and hopefully grant if he pushed on. 

As for Nuhiu, I'd be monitoring the situation with him and if we still can't get our targets in up top and he hasn't got a new club be looking at giving him another year. I really don't want to be stuck with just Rhodes up top, it could have disastrous consequences. 

11 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Theres always going to be variables and vary rarely does plan A come off without a hitch. There's no guarantee players will either be in budget, available or want to join. A good strategist or logistical person will try to have back up plans. 

Kieron Lee was probably my favourite Wednesday player in the last decade, but I'm not sentimental and I'm not sure we need him if we're going to try further the development of Hunt, bashiru and hopefully grant if he pushed on. 

As for Nuhiu, I'd be monitoring the situation with him and if we still can't get our targets in up top and he hasn't got a new club be looking at giving him another year. I really don't want to be stuck with just Rhodes up top, it could have disastrous consequences. 

Spot on.

Some on here think there's a queue to come and play for us because we're a 'big' club.

Bottom line, we're a struggling championship side with a -12 start to season and a club that's in disarray in many departments.

Having said that, things do seem to be moving forward though on the playing side with recruitment of younger players, albeit limited at the moment.

I really don't envy Monk's task of getting quality players to come to us.

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Fact is Lee although not the player he was due to injury can still be a very good CM player in the championship.

Nuhiu would be a better option up front than Rhodes Kachunga and Windass. He should have been retained as a 4th choice striker IMO as he makes a difference when he comes on but we are clearly unable to get decent strikers to join so I would be very happy with him returning. Monk will play long ball which will suit him and with Windass/Kachunga running off him it may work.

Plus to train effectively you need a squad.  Surely as long as they are cheap it makes sense to have players like this around the club, not only to make training more competitive but gives more strength in depth to the squad.  These two are older heads, know the club inside out and despite some of their issues, offer something different.  Is a bench including Nuhiu and Lee going to offer more than one containing U23 players? If they are re-signed I will have no issue as long as they are as well as rather than instead of..... especially if it also helps to tide us over during the opening month whilst the window is still open. Plus I think Nuhiu will do well as the lone target man with the three attackers behind, it's a similar setup to when he had his golden patch under Jos.

Edited by BonesyOwl
  • Like 3