Stage of the squad

11 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Chris Martin seems a good fit, but at 31 might seem too old. 

(76 goals and 38 assists in 224 appearances for Derby). 

Still think he is good enough,far better option than bringing Nuhui back,wage will be higher tho..but worth it imo

1 minute ago, brando said:

Still think he is good enough,far better option than bringing Nuhui back,wage will be higher tho..but worth it imo

He is more of a physical player, so could offer an option for Rhodes and Kachunga to play off.
Just worried that 2 of the last 3 seasons he's only managed 2 goals, despite making 30+ appearances in each.

Football history is littered with strikers who didn't score many goals, but they were the perfect partner for another striker to do the damage. I just wonder whether Guestede would be worth a gamble to try and get a tune out of Rhodes. 

2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I posted about Martin a couple of days ago. I find it odd that Monk, who has always like working with a big target man (and has had great success in this with the likes of Wood, Juckewitz and Fletcher) hasn't been in for him. But seems keener on small, hard pressing, quicker strikers this time around. 

perhaps the leader of the line is to come in on loan.

perhaps he sees 'keener, hard pressing, quicker strikers' as the way to go with sides still playing 'the emperor's new clothes' football across their backlines.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Football history is littered with strikers who didn't score many goals, but they were the perfect partner for another striker to do the damage. I just wonder whether Guestede would be worth a gamble to try and get a tune out of Rhodes. 

not for me, i remember andy booth too well.

Rhodes/Hagan - Kachunga/?
Izzy/Windass/Reach
Harris/Penney - Bannan/Hunt - Luongo/Bish/Pessy - Odubajo/Urhogide
Borner/van Aken - Dunkley/Lees - Iorfa/Palmer

Wildsmith/Dawson

Looks a lot better than it did a couple of weeks ago, that's for sure.

Still a little concerned about the quality of our wide men.. Harris down the right and a natural left mid for that flank might work.

Penney remains to be proven and Reach just seems like he has to be carried too much defensively.

Chris Martin seems a decent shout on a one season deal, Gestede would be a bit of a worry given how little he's played in the last 3-4 years, but an option for sure. We're light up top and I wouldn't want to close the window with only the bodies we have. Adedoyin seems like he may be coming in, so that's something.

I think quality wise we're not too bad across most of the park. We should stay up based on that, so it's going to come down to Monk's ability to set the team up, motivate and prep them properly. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Nearly up to two players per position for Monk’s favoured 3-4-1-2 formation. 

Wildsmith / Dawson

Iorfa / Urogidhe | Lees / Dunkley | Borner / JvA

Palmer / Odubajo                        Harris / Penney 

Luongo / Pelupessy  | Bannan / FDB 

Brown / Reach

Kachunga / Rhodes | Windass 

Biggest area of concern still up front. Need to add both depth and quality. 

I’d also be worried about the second choice midfield which is a massive drop in quality from the first choice. Also additional quality at wing back would be helpful. 

Which begs the question, why we still being linked with centre halves?

I don't think he is going 352, I think he's going to end up 433 or 4321 depending on how you interpret the 2! 

GK 

RB.                   CB.                   CB.                   LB 

CM.                CM.                CM. 

RW/RAM.                                           LW/LAM

ST/CF

10 hours ago, malek said:

Brown aside it seems to me that we just replaced bunch of average players with another bunch of average players. 

Without a ball being kicked,or a player coached....you come out with that,as someone else posted(so i wont claim its original) look at the players Wilder brought in on free transfers,etc & look what he did with them....have some faith in the managers judgement & coaching team,get behind  your team,and your Club FFS

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

Without a ball being kicked,or a player coached....you come out with that,as someone else posted(so i wont claim its original) look at the players Wilder brought in on free transfers,etc & look what he did with them....have some faith in the managers judgement & coaching team,get behind  your team,and your Club FFS

If anything, Wilder did nothing like we did this season. They brought best League One talent at right age. 3 or 4 of those I named in thread like this as players I wanted us to take a look at. 

I might not agree with some of deals we did this summer, but every Wednesday player gets 100% of my suport.