BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

24 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Absolutely. The reaction to this signing has surprised me even by the usual standards of OT.

Just imagine, turn the clock back 25 - 30 ish years.

We announce a central defender is to be played 'up top' as they say now. 

Cue meltdown. Quotes a plenty in cliche land.   "4 goals in 50 appearances", "We need a big striker & get a bloody defender", "Manager hasn't a clue", "Don't rate him, we needed a proven 20 goal striker", "Not what we need" etc etc etc.

"Go on Paul Warhurst, let's see what you can do up front lad. Ignore the sniper's, they know fu*k all". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, bigthinrob said:

Just imagine, turn the clock back 25 - 30 ish years.

We announce a central defender is to be played 'up top' as they say now. 

Cue meltdown. Quotes a plenty in cliche land.   "4 goals in 50 appearances", "We need a big striker & get a bloody defender", "Manager hasn't a clue", "Don't rate him, we needed a proven 20 goal striker", "Not what we need" etc etc etc.

"Go on Paul Warhurst, let's see what you can do up front lad. Ignore the sniper's, they know fu*k all". 

Just ignore the moaners

They're FAR outnumbered by the positive reactions

• Haha 1
Just now, @owlstalk said:

The only person being selective here is the person posting goalscoring stats and trying to pass it off as a strikers record

But unless he is playing Wingback, then he will play up front. His stats over his entire career are very low, he is 28 and has signed a 1 year deal on a club starting on minus 12.

The fact remains he has scored the same amount of goals in the last 3 years as Jordan Rhodes.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

But unless he is playing Wingback, then he will play up front. His stats over his entire career are very low, he is 28 and has signed a 1 year deal on a club starting on minus 12.

The fact remains he has scored the same amount of goals in the last 3 years as Jordan Rhodes.

Have they both been playing as strikers every game?

Forum needs a reboot on attitude....'negging' when we dont bring some one in,'negging' when we do....FFs wait & see!!!...(if there any good) & than offer up an opinion!! See how there played,in what line up...see if they improve with coaching...show a bit of faith,until you have a reason not to ...

Ridiculous amount of pessimism,& negativity...     May well yet see another late loan signing or two come in,who knows?.if they dont,they, dont,we go with what we have....UP THE OWLS..  Airborne  

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Guest The Horse

I used to read this site several times a day.
My click count now must be way down to what it was.
Cos now I just despair of reading post after post from our entitled cry baby fans who want the moon on a stick despite us now cutting our cloth accordingly and having a structure in place that will be built on solid foundations promoting youth, energy and a professional team ethic.
But that requires patience to see through doesn't it?
And toddlers have no patience.
I'm out of here for a bit. The screaming in this creche is unbearable.

Gonna try and stay positive 

He is a player who won promotion with Hudds.

So on that basis he is a top end champ player. Or can be. 

Also linking up with Brown again.

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Shittestand laziest response EVER!!!

New season, new start, shiiiiite world, no fans in attendance, season long battle - try getting behind them and looking for positives rather than constant negatives!

I pray for you every single night.

that’s very kind of you. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Have they both been playing as strikers every game?

Not been funny mate, but Tom Lees has scored more in the same time from centre half!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Wilder signed McGoldrick and Leonfucking Clarke and the rest is history.

Give the fella a fuckingchance ffs and by all means slag him off later if he doesn’t produce the goods!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Funny I thought a forum  was the place to have opinions. Woo but please don't be negative !!!😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Get a grip. The whole point is we don't all agree or it would be fake propaganda. It's okay to have your OWN opinion. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, ashley8 said:

Funny I thought a forum  was the place to have opinions. Woo but please don't be negative !!!😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Get a grip. The whole point is we don't all agree or it would be fake propaganda. It's okay to have your OWN opinion. 

Course it is. 

Ignore em. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

290 games, 59 goals.

1 year deal, says it all.

What it says is the Club isnt handing out 2,3, & 5 year contracts,& that players if they want re-contracting, & will have to produce.NO coasting & us unable to move them on...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just ignore the moaners

They're FAR outnumbered by the positive reactions

Don't really do "Ignoring".

It would be like going to an Oxford Union debating society & not highlighting weaknesses in someone's argument.