Ross Wallace interview

It ultimately failed and we now find ourselves where we are after some stuff inbetween.

We now have a 1 year plan under a new management team with mainly new personnel relating to the plan back then.

The initial goal is to stay thefuck up and then who knows.

Get behind them, forget the past, the beauty of football, why we love it so much, is that EVERYTHING can change, just like that, positive or negative, in what seems like an instant.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you went into any workplace as the new boss and said "Right everyone, let's all just chill out and make this the best, most fun place to work ever! From now  on take breaks when you want to,  go out for a cigarette any time you like, and turn up for work any time you feel like it, and let's be a  really  successful team'   what  would  happen is that for the first bit of time you would typically see an uplift in performance as everyone thinks you are the best boss ever..

Then... as time goes by John and  Jack start rocking up at 11am with massive hangovers, Jill and Simon are always in the yard smoking, and performance starts to dip

The professional ones who ignore the new offers to do as they please start to get really sick at the lack of discipline, and everyone gets sick of  Stuart taking every Monday off after having big weekends out with his mates

Then just as a big job comes in that needs doing, the shirkers start calling in sick 

And still everyone's rocking up late, finishing early. nipping out for fags every five minutes

The respect for management then starts to dip as they don't respect them anymore as the place is now a free for all

The Foreign Chairman of the company then comes down and tries to instill a bit of hunger into the workforce with a bizarre Delia Smith style motivational speech

And the manager sacks all the extremely popular HR department and replaces them with his mates

And before you know it -  it's game over

Completely irretrievable by the manager and chairman unless a complete overhaul happens

THAT is what happens

To ANY workplace from a football team, to staff in a factory, to WHSmiths

Very good post. And I see what you’re saying now.

As SOB points out it was a short term plan to get us up as soon as possible. That’s why Carlos was appointed, he has a track record of short term success and his methods reflected what the club wanted at the time. 

Problem is if the plan isn’t achieved it goes belly up. Which happened to us. 

This is why I don’t agree with people blaming Carlos. They were his methods of coaching the team, it wasn’t a secret to the chairman and his advisers. He was employed to bring promotion to the club as quickly as he can. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

As SOB points out it was a short term plan to get us up as soon as possible. That’s why Carlos was appointed, he has a track record of short term success and his methods reflected what the club wanted at the time. 

Yeah sadly that's the case and we just couldn't react quick enough when it did

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is why I don’t agree with people blaming Carlos. They were his methods of coaching the team, it wasn’t a secret to the chairman and his advisers. He was employed to bring promotion to the club as quickly as he can. 

CC was on 300k a year with the promise of 1m if we got promoted.

He’ll have made a few quid on transfers as do all managers but THE big mistake was the restructuring after he went.

DC is too soft on players and too hard on fans (prices etc) but nobody would have complained one little bit had the plan worked.

It didn’t but life is very easy in hindsight and I prefer to look forwards otherwise what is thefucking point?

This is only football after all.  All of us have much bigger fish to fry right now and I’m looking to Wednesday to make me happy once or twice a week which is all I ever wanted.

20 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I don't think he had to take the píss out of Carlos & Chansiri on camera. Wallace was a good player for us the playoff years, held in high regard by Carlos, and no doubt handsomely paid by Chansiri. Seems uncalled for.

He was asked , he didn’t volunteer those stories , He obviously likes a laugh nothing wrong with that .Just a bit of fun .Lets be fair here CC and D.C. did rather set themselves up with occasional bizarre behaviour . 

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm sure most people reading this thread have done the exact same thing with THEIR bosses at some point

What, gone on camera for an interview destined for YouTube and ridiculed their former employers? Dumb fućkers if they have. 

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

CC was on 300k a year with the promise of 1m if we got promoted.

He might have been on 6 grand a week in his first season but he was on nearly 3 times that a week when somebody I know was giving him investment advice , that was in season 2 

I don’t believe for one minute DC knew the mess he would be left with if / when it all went belly up.

He was being led by advisers and consultants. I have a lot of experience with those and they don’t tell you the bad news until the money has run out.

On 02/09/2020 at 17:06, wilyfox said:

I don't think he had to take the píss out of Carlos & Chansiri on camera. Wallace was a good player for us the playoff years, held in high regard by Carlos, and no doubt handsomely paid by Chansiri. Seems uncalled for.

The truth never hurt anyone
Great interview, even a second time around.

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Carlos hasn’t had any success long or short . He was crap here , even crappier at Swansea and a whole new level of crap according to my besiktas supporting friends 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Yeah he did , that’s his level . The championship / premier league / Turkish league were too big for him 

He didn’t do too bad here in terms of results.  Play-off final (lost by a single goal) and Semi (lost on penalties) first 2 years of a 3 year plan 

The legacy has held us back but he wasn’t far off really.

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He didn’t do too bad here in terms of results.  Play-off final (lost by a single goal) and Semi (lost on penalties) first 2 years of a 3 year plan 

The legacy has held us back but he wasn’t far off really.

The league positions were decent but he was tactically inept when it came to the crunch and his butlins holiday camp style of management left a lasting negative legacy