-12 points. How many games to break even?

Probably 10 is a fair bet.

But we then have to try to keep our heads above water and with Monk at the helm that seems very unlikely.

I accept that there are those on the site clinging to blind hope, but in truth as things stand we're certain to go down.

I assumed that Monk would go, bearing in mind what happened in the second half of last season.

That's why I was glad that the points deduction was deferred.

But with the Pale One still here, we'd probably have been better off taking the hit last season.

Better a bullet than a slow, lingering death.

We're night soil.

Edited by Athelwulf
  • Like 1

I didn't expect us to drag owt back today tbh...or 1point at the most.

If you take into account how toxic Hillsborough had been at times last season...

Now...playing in front of nobody at home?, for an amount of time ?..We could be one of the few clubs that find that an advantage....

Now imagine what Hillsborough becomes if we are actually fighting for something...in form and winning when the crowds come back?

Hillsboroughs a totally different place....

I admit these are all pieces that have to fall into place, but surely..eventually thery will fall into place for one of the most loyal sets of supporters in the country, one of the most famous footballing institutions in the country?

All goes in cycles...and maybe this time, when the "Clowns car" enters the ring...It will not, beyond all expectations, fall to pieces

• Like 2

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I didn't expect us to drag owt back today tbh...or 1point at the most.

If you take into account how toxic Hillsborough had been at times last season...

Now...playing in front of nobody at home?, for an amount of time ?..We could be one of the few clubs that find that an advantage....

Now imagine what Hillsborough becomes if we are actually fighting for something...in form and winning when the crowds come back?

Hillsboroughs a totally different place....

I admit these are all pieces that have to fall into place, but surely..eventually thery will fall into place for one of the most loyal sets of supporters in the country, one of the most famous footballing institutions in the country?

All goes in cycles...and maybe this time, when the "Clowns car" enters the ring...It will not, beyond all expectations, fall to pieces

Don’t go getting me all sentimental. I’m a soft two hat and I’ll end up blubbering with pride if you do.

But I do think Wednesday fans definitely are the best, have definitely been hard done to, and definitely deserve a pay back big time.

• Like 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

Don’t go getting me all sentimental. I’m a soft two hat and I’ll end up blubbering with pride if you do.

But I do think Wednesday fans definitely are the best, have definitely been hard done to, and definitely deserve a pay back big time.

When you look at the crowds we get, especially away...after TWO sodding decades of dross...suing fans, point deductions, getting bought and sold like a dowdy w h ore on a street corner, bloody ridiculous pricing, policing, egress and access to the ground limited for no reasons whatsoever....How many other sets of fans would average over 20 thousand   season upon season, take more away than 90% of football clubs....TWO F8CKING DECADES!!!!!

Not many...

and despite the spats we have on here...To anyone who goes, whether ive called you a prat to a pillock on here...I honestly salute you

• Like 2

We started the 07/08 season with 6 losses in a row, and stayed up at the end of the season. 

We had a dog poo team that season including Peter Gilbert, Wade Small and Rob Burch. Our top scorers scored 7 goals in the league. 

I'm confident we can stay up, but we will have to battle for every single point. No slacking. 

• Like 1