-12 points. How many games to break even?

Difficult to say until we at the least replace Murphy and bring in some attackers. I do like the look of our defence and our midfield. We could do with more strength in depth at wing back and especially in attack. After last season, the points deduction and shortened pre-season, this season will undoubtedly be tough. In some ways it's even tougher with the congested increase of midweek games. 

Hopefully we get to zero points as quickly as possible. I think this season, as long as we stay up, could be a good building block to a brighter future. With a younger more athletic squad we could get back towards the top 6 again after this season. It looks a long way off at present and this season will be a battle but I can see things eventually getting better if we're smart and focus on a long term approach. 

Looking at the results last season,

At the start of the 19/20 campaign it took 7 games for us to hit 12 points.  The following 7 games we picked up the same amount, 12 points, and it took 8 games after that to hit the magic 12 points.

2020 looks really bad.  14 games in total to reach 12 points (13 points)

Post lock down, 9 games played, a total of 8 points.  Again if you average that out for 12 points, it would roughly be 13.5 games or 14 games.  

Then if you factor in all the players who have left the club, we face a huge task ahead us.  

We really need some new players in asap big time.  

5 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Personally if we're still in minus points by the end of October then it'll be a tough ask. Having said that the Championship is mental and can change within a week and especially with so many 3 game weeks this season it might have more twists and turns than normal.

Agree. Looking at the fixtures in October we have to enter November on at least 0 points. I know some teams might surprise us but on paper october has to be a good run. 

• Like 1

I'd be beyond delighted if we do it in 6,happy if we do it in 8. Expecting 10 though tbh. 

Draws are what will kill us this season. It's always the case in this league but it's amplified this time round. Better to go win loss than 2 draws that show you're unbeaten. Having said that I'm more bothered about us sorting the defence out than our attack at the moment. We can't go on like we did conceding late every game. 

• Like 1

If we get 3 wins from our first 6 games (which would be a decent return given the players we have) we’d still be on minus 3 points.

I think there are afew over optimistic predictions in this thread, I reckon it’ll be more like 10 or 11 matches before we we get past zero points and I don’t think we’ll get out of the bottom 3 before Christmas, if indeed we ever do get out of the bottom 3.

I struggle to see how people can see us anywhere near staying up as things stand 

I'd be concerned of staying up without the point penalty

-rubbish manager 

-team of bottle jobs 

-no goalscorers

-average goalkeepers

This without doubt is the worst squad we've had since Milan days in league 1 

Gonna be a real struggle 

• Like 3