So what about Hirst?

53 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Here's a thought do you think the chairman would welcome him back

If I had a son whom I had a little bust up with, I would welcome him back with open arms. That's just what family does. 

:Chansiri:

Guest Therealrealist
26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He could come back to SWFC and play in the same side as ‘Hutch’ and ‘Westy’

Nah..much rather have Dawson joey p and Rhodes...🥴

2 hours ago, cookeh said:

Connecting the dots..

We're short of a striker

Rodgers has talked about how a lot of the younger players will be going out on loan to the Championship and League One to gain experience
We just played Leicester
Monk and Rodgers are mates

So.. would you welcome Hirst back if he came on loan?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

George Hirst is a young ladwho takes advice from his father. Whilst his dad may be a legend, he is also largely responsible for this, not his son. 

Thought you were comparing him to the Nigerian at Man U for a second.

• Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
9 hours ago, cookeh said:

Connecting the dots..

We're short of a striker

Rodgers has talked about how a lot of the younger players will be going out on loan to the Championship and League One to gain experience
We just played Leicester
Monk and Rodgers are mates

So.. would you welcome Hirst back if he came on loan?

Go back and read about the "Hirst saga", then delete this fred!

He needs to go to league one or two first 

had a good youth record both at club and international level 

Wasn’t ready in our first team ( should have gone on loan )

the drama prevailed he went to Belgium 

did nothing

went to Leicester ( shock ) and no idea what he’s done there, youth? Loan ? Injured? Training with first team 

with way some bang on about him on here I’m sure if he’d have done anything note worthy we would have heard about him 

has he kicked on since leaving us? As hell a career stagnated and his development stalled? 

Shame what happened but George Hirst is an ex youth player that’s not done anything since leaving in my eyes he needs to go play competitive football now in league one or two to see where he’s at 

8 hours ago, CF_Owl said:

Regardless of the way he left the club, what on Earth has he done to prove he could play successfully in the championship? Would be a poor signing even without the history. 

I don’t know whether or not he would be successful in the championship, but he was playing in the Premier League for a team that was challenging for the Champions League, so nobody can categorically say he wouldn’t If we signed a big mobile target man, and we were looking for a younger understudy, he would seem a reasonable option When scouring the development squads of top flight clubs, there aren’t many big mobile strikers who could be available for loan

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t know whether or not he would be successful in the championship, but he was playing in the Premier League for a team that was challenging for the Champions League, so nobody can categorically say he wouldn’t If we signed a big mobile target man, and we were looking for a younger understudy, he would seem a reasonable option When scouring the development squads of top flight clubs, there aren’t many big mobile strikers who could be available for loan

If he’s the best we can hope for bring back Nuhiu, go get Martin or even Winnal who are not good players but hugely more able than Hirst. 

Guest Ferkorf

It amazes me how some people think this kid is some how the total package and future of English football

He was absolutely garbage in a poor Belgium league.

He needs to be on loan at a league 2 side not at a championship side who are already 4 wins away from zero points.

If anybody needs to come back and warm our bench for the season its Nuhiu