Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I would say they’ve done an OK job so far, given the constraints, but now is the time they really have to earn their corn. The five signings to date, interesting, meh, great, meh and meh

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2020 at 15:55, Dutch McLovin said:

They had Big Sam. We have Garry Monk. 

 

They are not starting on -12 and have form comparable to the sunday league whipping boys.

 

Difference.

1) We won't

2) Not gonna happen anyway

3) Only a tiny minority of people say that now anyway - everyone understands the situation

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bolton9owl said:

I only hope Paxo just shares a fag with Chansiri, but I believe he is now a personal friend and confidant.

i had a meeting with the chairman 6 months ago and when questioned he said Paxo wasn’t paid by the club - but it makes you wonder why he is always present.

 

Why did you have a meeting with him if you don't mind me asking and what was it about?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Me too , mate. But Paxo still with us so what does he do?

 

According to Chansiri's interview with Dom Howson from a few months back:

 

He is my personal adviser and part of our recruitment committee. Amadeu is a valuable resource for myself and our club has been in football for a long time, 25 years, and has a lot of experience and many, many contacts.

 

Of course, my people have told me about some criticism he has received and this is not fair because these things are not true. 

 

Does he have the authority to bring players to the club? No, he recommends them as part of our recruitment team. Coaches like to talk to Amadeu for his opinions and to draw on his experience, he is a consultant and part of the team at our club. 

 

Does he make any decisions at the club? No. He is a cog in a very large wheel. Does he have the final say on anything? Of course not.

 

Normally I do not name individual players and how we recruited them but to be fair to Amadeu, he recommended Fernando, Barry Bannan, Lucas Joao and more recently Dominic Iorfa, who I am sure everyone agrees has the potential to go a long way in football. I can also tell you that if it was not for Amadeu, Fernando may well have gone to another club when he left Watford.

 

I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

 

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

According to Chansiri's interview with Dom Howson from a few months back:

 

He is my personal adviser and part of our recruitment committee. Amadeu is a valuable resource for myself and our club has been in football for a long time, 25 years, and has a lot of experience and many, many contacts.

 

Of course, my people have told me about some criticism he has received and this is not fair because these things are not true. 

 

Does he have the authority to bring players to the club? No, he recommends them as part of our recruitment team. Coaches like to talk to Amadeu for his opinions and to draw on his experience, he is a consultant and part of the team at our club. 

 

Does he make any decisions at the club? No. He is a cog in a very large wheel. Does he have the final say on anything? Of course not.

 

Normally I do not name individual players and how we recruited them but to be fair to Amadeu, he recommended Fernando, Barry Bannan, Lucas Joao and more recently Dominic Iorfa, who I am sure everyone agrees has the potential to go a long way in football. I can also tell you that if it was not for Amadeu, Fernando may well have gone to another club when he left Watford.

 

I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

 

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.

Cheers mate lets hope we've put the lid on that nonsense

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Why did you have a meeting with him if you don't mind me asking and what was it about?

Inspector, I wouldn’t want to break the confidentiality agreement but in reality I was only one of a handful that had a personal meeting with the Chairman early in the Year

i had a similar meeting a Director of SWFC when Milan Mandaric was looking to sell the club as I knew a serious Russian investor who eventually did buy a football club but in Belgium.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Cheers mate lets hope we've put the lid on that nonsense

 

 

He’s only posted it about 20 times to explain to folk but it must be either too long to read or a very tricky lid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bolton9owl said:

Inspector, I wouldn’t want to break the confidentiality agreement but in reality I was only one of a handful that had a personal meeting with the Chairman early in the Year

i had a similar meeting a Director of SWFC when Milan Mandaric was looking to sell the club as I knew a serious Russian investor who eventually did buy a football club but in Belgium.

 

Fair enough, but overall did you come out of the meeting feeling positive or negative?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Fair enough, but overall did you come out of the meeting feeling positive or negative?

I kinda like the guy, I really do believe, like many others that he really does have a deep love of the club, he says what you would expect him to say albeit somewhat repetitively but considering his nationality his understanding of the questions we raised was first class. 
To answer your question, to be fair it was a bit of both, he’s definitely committed to SWFC but I guess like any businessman if a good offer came in I think now he would sell. 

incidentally, at no point during my meeting with him did he ever confess to making any bad decisions and yet he had an answer for all the questions thrown at him.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

According to Chansiri's interview with Dom Howson from a few months back:

 

He is my personal adviser and part of our recruitment committee. Amadeu is a valuable resource for myself and our club has been in football for a long time, 25 years, and has a lot of experience and many, many contacts.

 

Of course, my people have told me about some criticism he has received and this is not fair because these things are not true. 

 

Does he have the authority to bring players to the club? No, he recommends them as part of our recruitment team. Coaches like to talk to Amadeu for his opinions and to draw on his experience, he is a consultant and part of the team at our club. 

 

Does he make any decisions at the club? No. He is a cog in a very large wheel. Does he have the final say on anything? Of course not.

 

Normally I do not name individual players and how we recruited them but to be fair to Amadeu, he recommended Fernando, Barry Bannan, Lucas Joao and more recently Dominic Iorfa, who I am sure everyone agrees has the potential to go a long way in football. I can also tell you that if it was not for Amadeu, Fernando may well have gone to another club when he left Watford.

 

I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

 

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.

 

For a "transfer advisor" he sure spends a hell of a lot of time at the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I kinda like the guy, I really do believe, like many others that he really does have a deep love of the club, he says what you would expect him to say albeit somewhat repetitively but considering his nationality his understanding of the questions we raised was first class. 
To answer your question, to be fair it was a bit of both, he’s definitely committed to SWFC but I guess like any businessman if a good offer came in I think now he would sell. 

incidentally, at no point during my meeting with him did he ever confess to making any bad decisions and yet he had an answer for all the questions thrown at him.

 

From a distance that's how I've summed him up.  Thanks for your time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

Inspector, I wouldn’t want to break the confidentiality agreement but in reality I was only one of a handful that had a personal meeting with the Chairman early in the Year

i had a similar meeting a Director of SWFC when Milan Mandaric was looking to sell the club as I knew a serious Russian investor who eventually did buy a football club but in Belgium.

Is it usual for there to be confidentiality agreements in such meetings?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2020 at 09:03, bolton9owl said:

I along with thousands of Owls fans hope that the Paxo and Doyen connection is a thing of the past and we don’t go back to paying silly money to old mercenaries, at least until we get back into the Premiership.

 

Paxo's connection with the old Doyen, and the new Doyen ( same company, different name now) is wel documented. Half hours research online tells you everything you need to know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

 

For a "transfer advisor" he sure spends a hell of a lot of time at the club. 

So how much time has he spent at the club since lockdown?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/09/2020 at 12:42, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

According to Chansiri's interview with Dom Howson from a few months back:

 

He is my personal adviser and part of our recruitment committee. Amadeu is a valuable resource for myself and our club has been in football for a long time, 25 years, and has a lot of experience and many, many contacts.

 

Of course, my people have told me about some criticism he has received and this is not fair because these things are not true. 

 

Does he have the authority to bring players to the club? No, he recommends them as part of our recruitment team. Coaches like to talk to Amadeu for his opinions and to draw on his experience, he is a consultant and part of the team at our club. 

 

Does he make any decisions at the club? No. He is a cog in a very large wheel. Does he have the final say on anything? Of course not.

 

Normally I do not name individual players and how we recruited them but to be fair to Amadeu, he recommended Fernando, Barry Bannan, Lucas Joao and more recently Dominic Iorfa, who I am sure everyone agrees has the potential to go a long way in football. I can also tell you that if it was not for Amadeu, Fernando may well have gone to another club when he left Watford.

 

I used Doyen in an advisory capacity when I first bought our club and they were helpful to me. Amadeu Paixao was a consultant at Doyen because I did not know a lot about the football business but it is now five years later and I have learned a lot about every part of football. Amadeu came with me as my personal adviser and club consultant, he has been a big person for me.

 

I can tell you that Doyen or their new company have no involvement in our club at all and Doyen have not been involved for some time. 

 

Doyen have never held an interest in a single Sheffield Wednesday player or held any investment in the club. There is no contract with Doyen, there is no payment owed if we get promoted, nothing. 

 

Amadeu has no business with them either, he has never taken our players to Doyen. I hope this will finally draw a line beneath this subject.

Sheffield Wednesday & Doyen Sports – Scouting Agreement

JANUARY 6, 2016 ~ FOOTBALL_LEAKS

Scouting Agreement

Click to access Sheffield_Wednesday_%26_DSI_-_Scouting_Agreement.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...