Jump to content

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

I must confess Philb 125 would make some very valid comments and your questions are not without thought but you are obviously content with just a handful of new players with just a few days before our season starts in earnest.

i don’t think just 3 new additions to our squad at this stage can be regarded as successful.

Are you telling me that if I was the owner of SWFC and I approached you to go out into Europe and beyond and identify 2-3 strikers you we could afford and who could do a useful job of scoring goals you wouldn’t, after 2-3 months be able to put forward a very positive list of players that would be an asset to the club.

i don’t know you but given the resources I am sure you wouldn’t fail.

 


Im not saying it’s successful or unsuccessful. I like you (I’m guessing) have no first hand knowledge of what the recruitment team are doing behind the scenes or the efforts they are making. But unlike you I’m not suggesting they should be sacked, or that they are not trying as I have no clue what they’re doing other than the players that arrive. Of which I’m fairly pleased with. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bolton9owl said:

I must confess Philb 125 would make some very valid comments and your questions are not without thought but you are obviously content with just a handful of new players with just a few days before our season starts in earnest.

i don’t think just 3 new additions to our squad at this stage can be regarded as successful.

Are you telling me that if I was the owner of SWFC and I approached you to go out into Europe and beyond and identify 2-3 strikers you we could afford and who could do a useful job of scoring goals you wouldn’t, after 2-3 months be able to put forward a very positive list of players that would be an asset to the club.

i don’t know you but given the resources I am sure you wouldn’t fail.

 

Do you honestly think that the recruitment team haven't looked abroad...all the stats are there for anyone to look at...there have been people on here who over the years have got info on players abroad never mind someone who works at the club getting paid for it. You don't need a great deal of resources either or is that your point  just another dig at the Chairman ?

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

The window doesn’t shut for a month - chill out mate - what’s Madine up too by the way 

“ The window doesn’t shut for a month” - yes, agreed, but the season starts in earnest in around 10 days.

 

If we’re going to have a real chance of making up the 12 point deficit, I reckon we need to hit the ground running from Day One. 
 

At the moment we’re still

fannying about looking for strikers, with just Jordan Rhodes on the books.  
 

To put it mildly, the situation is far from ideal IMHO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Out of all the ‘out of contract players’ throughout Europe and beyond that are available plus the ever increasing players that good clubs want to ‘loan out’ you seriously believe our recruitment team have worked miracles by encouraging three players to sign for us - just three and none an out and out striker.

Thats laughable and given we currently have only one misfiring senior striker who has forgot that he is supposed to score goals I think it’s diabolical we haven’t done more research and gone out there to talk to potential targets weeks ago.

Bolton was a middle of the road club when Big Sam became their manager, they equally had no money but he got off his backside and traveled the world to meet and encourage good players to join.

A couple of years later they were up in the Premiership, regretfully they didn’t stay long but that’s another story.

Sam’s message was always if you want a player that will improve your team and he is available- go and get them.

How far have our recruitment team travelled ?

 

They had Big Sam. We have Garry Monk. 

 

They are not starting on -12 and have form comparable to the sunday league whipping boys.

 

Difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Since before we started our first game after the ‘lockdown’ we knew that our strike force would be practically none existent come the last game of the 2019/20 campaign. 
We are now over two months down the line and one week away from the start of the new season so I think the supporters deserve to be told why are we as an established Championship club still only got one senior striker on our payroll.

What have our recruitment team been doing for the last 2/3 months because the players we’ve been supposedly been interested in have all failed to sign on at SWFC.

Surely our targets should have been researched to gauge their interests in joining SWFC. 
It was obvious that Leko for instance was always going to opt for another club in the Midlands ahead of other suitors given that he can still stay close to family and friends surely our recruitment team knew that from the offset.
Our recruitment team should have had a long list of strikers/forwards who would be available for the new season and would welcome the opportunity to apply their goal scoring abilities in the Championship.

I appreciate minus 12 points from day one may put a few players off but have we now lost our ability to attract good players to our once great club or are we now regarded as a club that is going nowhere 

Its time people at SWFC stop making feeble excuses and start to get measured on what success they can bring to the club. 

Its an absolute joke that with just over one week to go before the start of the new season we only have Rhodes as a recognized senior striker.

You should hang your heads in shame.

 

 

If players we want won't sign for some reason you might have to look beyond the recruitment team. You don't know how many we have tried to sign to be told by the player or their agent, "no thanks". This season we will not be offering top wages, we will not be offering a likely top 6 finish, we will not be offering much at all for the forward thinking footballer. 

They would need to see beyond this next season for any chance of promotion. 

Any ambitious "hungry" footballer will not have us top of their want to play for teams. We will be left with those who nobody wants and those who just want a payday each month. 

Sad but true. 

Responsibility? 

Mr Chansiri. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Following today’s great news I have just nipped out and bought a ‘humble pie’ 

I am now going to cut myself a slice and hopefully it won’t be long before I have to cut myself another slice.

It’s a funny old world !!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re trying to sign players and you want to sack the recruitment team in the middle of the transfer window.

 

What a wonderful idea.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I have now eaten my ‘humble pie’ I am absolutely delighted my post did the trick and new players are lining up down Penistone Road. 
Hope there is a proven big STRIKER in the queue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

“ The window doesn’t shut for a month” - yes, agreed, but the season starts in earnest in around 10 days.

 

If we’re going to have a real chance of making up the 12 point deficit, I reckon we need to hit the ground running from Day One. 
 

At the moment we’re still

fannying about looking for strikers, with just Jordan Rhodes on the books.  
 

To put it mildly, the situation is far from ideal IMHO.

Two strikers signed today - chill out my man 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2020 at 21:51, DSandersonOWL said:

What is this 'Recruitment Team'?

We know very well what the recruitment process is.

Doyen gives Chansiri a list of names.

Chansiri passes the list on to his son who checks them out on Football Manager.

The son passes the list back to his dad with a few ticks.

That is how we got players from A... to U... 

You missed a stage mate.

 

Paxo then calls agent of those ticked, usually Doyen Global 2, and we agree thirty grand a week contract without a performance clause

for four years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When in doubt...trot Doyen out. Looking at the players we've brought in they all have been young, hungry and with pace which will do for me. If we can get a couple of young defenders when the Prem teams finalise their squads we'll be ok

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

You missed a stage mate.

 

Paxo then calls agent of those ticked, usually Doyen Global 2, and we agree thirty grand a week contract without a performance clause

for four years. 

I along with thousands of Owls fans hope that the Paxo and Doyen connection is a thing of the past and we don’t go back to paying silly money to old mercenaries, at least until we get back into the Premiership.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2020 at 10:03, bolton9owl said:

I along with thousands of Owls fans hope that the Paxo and Doyen connection is a thing of the past and we don’t go back to paying silly money to old mercenaries, at least until we get back into the Premiership.

Me too , mate. But Paxo still with us so what does he do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bolton9owl said:

 

 

I only hope Paxo just shares a fag with Chansiri, but I believe he is now a personal friend and confidant.

i had a meeting with the chairman 6 months ago and when questioned he said Paxo wasn’t paid by the club - but it makes you wonder why he is always present.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...