1308 days

1 hour ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Since we signed the player everyone on here was gagging for. 

Pity DC didn’t have the hindsight, that all posters on here have acquired.

Could have saved himself the best part of £15m.

There's no correlation between how often a myth is repeated and how true it becomes. Look back at the threads from back then, there were plenty who were not enthusiastic, and for several reasons. The finances alone should have ruled it out regardless

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

There's no correlation between how often a myth is repeated and how true it becomes. Look back at the threads from back then, there were plenty who were not enthusiastic, and for several reasons. The finances alone should have ruled it out regardless

It's not really a 'myth' though is it.

There were detractor's. I remember Gurujuan was especially 'against', but there was a strong majority who were very much on side with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

It's not really a 'myth' though is it.

There were detractor's. I remember Gurujuan was especially 'against', but there was a strong majority who were very much on side with it.

I recently looked backed through many pages of a megathread to check the claim out. The level of excitement was rather less than the impression given by the much quoted legend.

Am I right in saying that the above conversation is referring to trawling back through a thread to see who was and wasn't excited about Jordan Rhodes signing? Bit sad if so. 

I was delighted with him signing. But my opinion has changed fully. I also didn't think that when he signed it was going to be under a regime that willingly overspent and pushed the boundaries of ffp. I genuinely thought we signed him because it was financially viable. Like usual, i was clearly wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Am I right in saying that the above conversation is referring to trawling back through a thread to see who was and wasn't excited about Jordan Rhodes signing? Bit sad if so. 

Well, given that I haven't named anyone (and I'm not sure I could remember them even if I wanted to), I'd say the answer to that is 'no'. wouldn't you?

I was just curious about the legend of this avalanche of excitement for Rhodes to sign so thought I'd have a look to see how it measured up. Sorry if you feel let down. :dry:

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Well, given that I haven't named anyone (and I'm not sure I could remember them even if I wanted to), I'd say the answer to that is 'no'. wouldn't you?

I was just curious about the legend of this avalanche of excitement for Rhodes to sign so thought I'd have a look to see how it measured up. Sorry if you feel let down. :dry:

The problem is if you dig up old threads and have a look, I end up looking like a lunatic in 80% of them. 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

The problem is if you dig up old threads and have a look, I end up looking like a lunatic in 80% of them. 

80% Enchanter? Can you point me in the direction of the other 20%? 😂

Seriously I don't think I had any involvement in any of the Rhodes threads, but nevertheless I was absolutely delighted when I heard he had signed.

He was the outstanding goalscorer outside of the Premier League and he was imo going to give us that little bit extra that would gain us promotion. 

I think that was the general opinion amongst most of support,(though not all)  just shows how wrong we/I can be.

Edited by OWL1969