Nuhiu & Winnall

9 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

Tyler Walker is now at Coventry

Ian Henderson is 35 and at Salford

Ivan Toney at Brentford

Jonson Clarke Harris gone to Peterborough 

Matty Taylor just joined Oxford permanently after loan spell.

Armand Gnanduillet just joined a Turkish  club

Whats your point?...I post a list of lower league Players who we could have looked at,put a bid in for,bought,& took a chance with,...Seasons about to start,of course many have been fixed up with Clubs,and we have missed a trick to sign,Doesn't stop us putting in bids does it? Didn't stop Newcastle coming for Bruce here did it? Many of these Clubs will be desperate for money,as they depend on gate receipts to survive.A determined bid,would most likely succeed with a player wanting away to play in a higher league.

Doesn't detract from the wider point ime trying to make,of looking outside the box,for younger,(hopefully cheaper) Strikers,who we can use,sell on,and make a profit out of..Like Barnsley,or retain and build on,if they prosper.Rather than whats gone before here,which simply hasn't worked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Going back to players deemed surplus to requirements less than 3 months ago would no be a good sign going into the new season.

it would be a catastrophic move.

i figure we're holding fire on big number signings over fee, pay, and covid19, where do we start, finish, and do we get a full season?

if there's a heavy winter of c19, fixtures, crowds, and FINANCE WILL be affected, will some clubs struggle to exist?

you can't run a football club on letting the turnstyle man go along with the stewards.

34 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

Far from it! But please just let dead dogs lie! Especially Winnall. Possibly the worst player to have played for Wednesday since 2010 ish.....

I wasn't his biggest fan but we've had far worse in that time

• Thanks 1

Given how we play Winnall wouldn't fit in to the style of play Monk wants. Not good enough on the ball .. maybe a poacher but can't see him doing much if we brought him back apart from sit and warm the bench like before and spit dummy out every now and then.

Nuhiu I'm in 2 minds about ... he'd offer us something different. Absolute battering ram at times and sometimes unplayable. Loved his spell under Jos where he came alive week in week out alongside Jawow

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Given how we play Winnall wouldn't fit in to the style of play Monk wants. Not good enough on the ball .. maybe a poacher but can't see him doing much if we brought him back apart from sit and warm the bench like before and spit dummy out every now and then.

Nuhiu I'm in 2 minds about ... he'd offer us something different. Absolute battering ram at times and sometimes unplayable. Loved his spell under Jos where he came alive week in week out alongside Jawow

he's a 15 minute a game man, then only effective against certain sides.

IF he's out of contract then i feel he ought to be going, BUT that's providing we are going to make a serious, or at least half serious attempt at building a forward line with bench support. 

IF we're not play him every game (no matter how bad we are) and partner him with a supporter who has boots and is willing to pay £100 to play for wednesday, that'll at least bring some money in, because atm it ain't looking like we're on the front foot in the t/f market.

IF he's gonna play like he did when his contract was up, then put him on a weekly one at twice the money.

On 01/09/2020 at 14:35, Plonk said:

No you’re bang on the money mate. So glad we’ve got rid of them. At least we go into this new season with a strike force that’s going to scare the poo out of the rest of the league. And we’ve got rid of the bad apples and saved millions on wages, I can’t wait for the season to start. Viva the revolution!,!

i'll have what you're drinking, right stuff by the looks of things.