Nuhiu & Winnall

37 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We’ve gone from having Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper, Joao, Matias, Nuhiu, Rhodes and Winnall (even Hirst) in the squad 3 years ago to this on the official site.

1A32764A-695E-4318-B26B-A04748290A1C.jpeg.4a19f0c4f8a86c61a4e03b84846f744c.jpeg

Defenders will have trouble marking that Hagan.

As for Winnall; if I was Winnall, and had a Wednesday tattoo on my bum and was born into a Wednesday family and loved Wednesday forever and ever, I wouldn't re-sign for Wednesday.  An astute signing that we completely fizzed up.

Like Rhodes, couldn't get a game with us, but ended up banging the goals in for our rivals.  Madness.

• Like 1

Just now, Manwë said:

Defenders will have trouble marking that Hagan.

As for Winnall; if I was Winnall, and had a Wednesday tattoo on my bum and was born into a Wednesday family and loved Wednesday forever and ever, I wouldn't re-sign for Wednesday.  An astute signing that we completely fizzed up.

Like Rhodes, couldn't get a game with us, but ended up banging the goals in for our rivals.  Madness.

I guess we’ll see if he starts banging in the goals for our rivals, now he’s free to join any of them Think he’ll struggle to find a club at this level myself

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I guess we’ll see if he starts banging in the goals for our rivals, now he’s free to join any of them Think he’ll struggle to find a club at this level myself

Agree - he'll end up at Bradford or similar.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Nuhiu only as an absolutely completely totally last resort bench warmer. Winnall... I’d rather have Westwood up front.

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

The window ends in October dunnit?, not 1st of september.

And the season starts in less than a week, less than 2 for the league. we are starting on -12 so wouldn’t it be nice to have our squad as ready as possible from the very 1st game so we don’t fall even further behind. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

What happened to the "get em in early to gel with squad"..

Wednesday always leave it l8,then think players are going to just slot in the team.Like ive said b4,we cant wait till Oct to start playing,we need points on board in 1st 5 games and at min we dont look like scoring in a mth of Sundays..

UTO

yes it’s bad enough when we leave it so late in a normal season but when we are starting  on -12 it’s even more annoying we leave signings until late. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Now you mention it. Mind you we do start on -12 so we haven’t really got until October have we?

I don’t have an issue with waiting until the end of the window to complete the building, as that’s when the big clubs will make decision about loans and such, however the bulk of the recruitment needs to be done before the season starts. If we want to wait to bring in a few more loanees, fair enough, but we need at least another 3 or 4 in now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

We’ve gone from having Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper, Joao, Matias, Nuhiu, Rhodes and Winnall (even Hirst) in the squad 3 years ago to this on the official site.

1A32764A-695E-4318-B26B-A04748290A1C.jpeg.4a19f0c4f8a86c61a4e03b84846f744c.jpeg

The group of strikers you mention were not consistent enough. Apart from season 1 under CC they hardly represent a golden era. 

I agree we need more strikers but what we've lost aren't irreplaceable, especially if we want injury prone players with inconsistent form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No point having a clear out and then panicking into bringing players back while we try to sign better .we are hamstrung financially so if we do have players on our radar they could be  hanging on weighing  up there options  or there clubs arnt letting them go until they get replacements.....better to wait for a player you want than just getting a shirt filler coz your short on numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

This is one of the most depressing statements I've ever read on Owlstalk and theres been plenty over the years. 

From a squad literally bursting with strikers to this! 😞

We must have freed some wages from that list to afford 1 better than Rhodes (as in current form).

I think that shadow of Hagan could be more of a threat than Rhodes (in current form)