Get ATDHE NUHIU back now

39 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Take into account we’re going into a season under the current circumstances with COVID,   And the general unknown this division always is when it comes to predictability I find it bizarre you feel

so confident on where we’re going to finish 

I'd rather contract Covid than see the donkey Nuhiu back - utter garbage.

• Like 2

Can anyone remember big Jack trying to sign a target man, it seemed to take forever because he refused to be rushed into buying crap ,until he got someone that fitted with what he was looking for.

Enter Andy Mculloch 

Lets get Atdhe back because everyone's bottle has gone......reyt idea 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Prince said:

Jesus, No wonder we haven’t made progress for years. I hate the fact our fans make cult heroes out of absolute tripe. I want to see football not the donkey derby.

Andy Booth springs to mind. 

Nuhiu would have scored 15 a season with the players we had back then supplying him. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1963owl said:

what has not owning the ground got to do with it?

It’s just one of many reasons why we are an absolute basket case of a club.

RE: Nuhiu, well it doesn’t take a genius to work out that we’re struggling to bring in forwards right now.  And in our current plight, beggars can’t be choosers.

With 4 days to go until the start of the new season, we’ve got one senior striker - and Rhodes has been f***ing garbage for the majority of the last 3 and half seasons here.

I’d much rather we were signing better than Nuhiu.  But as a squad option, or someone to come off the bench for the last 20 minutes, you know this guy will always give 100%.

So yeah, I’d give the big man a 9 month contract until the end of this season.  Considering the mess we’re in.

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Can't be arsed to tread over the whole "Is Nuhiu decent or the worst player we've ever had" debate but the thing that gets me most is we clearly had no plan when releasing him.

If we released him with a fixed list of players we thought might fill his role and even improve the team then I'd be happy enough, but he left weeks ago (and Fletcher even longer before that) and we're still yet to sign a single stiker. So yes, I'd happily take him back just now, not that I can see it happening.

Great post this.  Agree with all of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
8 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Can't be arsed to tread over the whole "Is Nuhiu decent or the worst player we've ever had" debate but the thing that gets me most is we clearly had no plan when releasing him.

If we released him with a fixed list of players we thought might fill his role and even improve the team then I'd be happy enough, but he left weeks ago (and Fletcher even longer before that) and we're still yet to sign a single stiker. So yes, I'd happily take him back just now, not that I can see it happening.

And will have known since December that Fletcher, Winnall and Forestieri would be leaving. As well as the loan players

13 hours ago, Grandad said:

The transfer activity (or lack of it) seems to be specifically engineered to create the kind of desperation in the OP

Our fans will be happy to see Nuhiu, da Cruz and Windass back by the end of the week

None of whom are good enough 

Good enough for what though? What are we aiming for? Not a dig just wondered what expectations are. Id have Atdhe back, for the menace he is. 

I've always said we won't know what we had with him until he was no longer here and now we're about to find out.

I know the points disadvantage is a big hurdle to overcome but it would be typical that the first year without Nuhiu sees us return to League 1.

Whether you rate him or not, he's an effective player at this level and we will miss him IMO. I think Saturday's friendly showed that. Neither Rhodes or Reach were able to hold the ball up or bully defenders in the same way as Nuhiu would've? Different types of players granted but we will still knock it high and long and without a target man we're stuffed.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not read all the replies but who says Nuhiu wants to come back.

May have decided after living in Sheffield for 7 years he wants a change of scenery.

After living in Sheffield for over 40 years I know how he feels.

It’s not his choice. He doesn’t appear to have been offered a contract.

Maybe he’d stay, maybe be he wouldn’t, but the club don’t appear to have asked him. I’ve not heard of any reports that he’s turned a contract down.

18 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

Strange how he's still not got a club but the likes of Fletch had no problem....from what I read oh here I'm suprised that man city or Chelsea havnt snapped him up

Who you talking about Edison Cavani?