Get ATDHE NUHIU back now

2 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Scored 50 goals while he’s been here. Barely missed a game through injury, when every player around him was out for months. Never complains or gets involved in any controversy, on or off the pitch. Gives 100% every time. 

We will not sign a striker that is anywhere near as capable or genuine and committed as the big man.

I’m ready for all the smart arse remarks, but think about it. We ain’t going to sign anybody better than him. FACT.

50 goals In 277 appearances all competitions.........::prolific!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
4 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

What we need to do, and what we will do, aren’t necessarily one and the same.

Strikers we would like, we can’t afford unfortunately.

Disagree. Bound to be a good few pacey and powerful strikers out there, that we could add value to with a bit of coaching on positioning/ finishing etc. 

2 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Scored 50 goals while he’s been here. Barely missed a game through injury, when every player around him was out for months. Never complains or gets involved in any controversy, on or off the pitch. Gives 100% every time. 

We will not sign a striker that is anywhere near as capable or genuine and committed as the big man.

I’m ready for all the smart arse remarks, but think about it. We ain’t going to sign anybody better than him. FACT.

I said on here when we released Dave it was a stupid mistake. Wasn't one of the big earners. I still feel we will regret letting him go. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Good enough for a team who want to compete at the right end of the Championship

Or fight a relegation battle

We ain't going to be fighting at the top end of the Championship, all we will be doing next season is fighting to finish forth bottom. Anyone who thinks anything else is deluded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Think having an owner who owns the ground is fine. If it was some entity not connected to the owner would be worried. Nothing to see really is there!

Yeah, what could go wrong. Maybe look at Crystal Palace and Ron Noades.

Its simple really.

Hes better than Rhodes and Reach up front so at the moment getting him back seems like a reasonable upgrade to what we actually have.

But if we've got three other decent strikers coming in then its a no and we move on.

No point arguing about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
51 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We ain't going to be fighting at the top end of the Championship, all we will be doing next season is fighting to finish forth bottom. Anyone who thinks anything else is deluded. 

I'd assume nobody is going to sign a one year deal. So any player bought needs to be up for a battle at both ends of the table

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Take into account we’re going into a season under the current circumstances with COVID,   And the general unknown this division always is when it comes to predictability I find it bizarre you feel

so confident on where we’re going to finish 

Can't be arsed to tread over the whole "Is Nuhiu decent or the worst player we've ever had" debate but the thing that gets me most is we clearly had no plan when releasing him.

If we released him with a fixed list of players we thought might fill his role and even improve the team then I'd be happy enough, but he left weeks ago (and Fletcher even longer before that) and we're still yet to sign a single stiker. So yes, I'd happily take him back just now, not that I can see it happening.

• Like 1