IZZY BROWN JORDAN RHODES

On 30/08/2020 at 22:25, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's the bloody problem with him, never in the right place at the right time. 

That's what's baffling... He used to be! You dont need pace to be in the right position so it's difficult to know why hes changed so much! 

10 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

That's what's baffling... He used to be! You dont need pace to be in the right position so it's difficult to know why hes changed so much! 

Got to be one of the biggest mysteries going, when he used to play against us he scared the hell out of me, every time he got hold of the ball he looked like he could create something if not score. 

Now he looks lost and forlorn, just not in the zone, then we hear he is a sniper in training. 

So what is going wrong from the training ground to the match?   The opposition just no longer worry about him, hardly even bother to mark him. 

I don't think its a case of chucking his toys out of the pram, doesn't come across as that sort. 

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Got to be one of the biggest mysteries going, when he used to play against us he scared the hell out of me, every time he got hold of the ball he looked like he could create something if not score. 

Now he looks lost and forlorn, just not in the zone, then we hear he is a sniper in training. 

So what is going wrong from the training ground to the match?   The opposition just no longer worry about him, hardly even bother to mark him. 

I don't think its a case of chucking his toys out of the pram, doesn't come across as that sort. 

Agree. 

It can't be that it's his football intelligence as you'd presume that gets better with experience. As you say I don't think he is a mardy ass either so it must purely be a confidence issue. Maybe he's having his own battles who knows... 

• Like 1

On 30/08/2020 at 23:23, Bigblueowl said:

I'm pretty confident Rhodes would have put all three of the chances away that we had yesterday to be fair. Iorfas header, Reaches header and hagans one on one. Unfortunately for Rhodes he wasn't in the right position! 

Do you think that he would have been able to get in the spaces that Iorfa, Reach and Hagan were, though, given him having a dirfferent role?

Edited by OwlsfaninNorway

On 31/08/2020 at 02:35, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio

Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe

Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom
Brando, "The King and I" and "The Catcher in the Rye"

Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen
Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbye

We didn't start the fire. 😄 

13 minutes ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

Do you think that he would have been able to get in the spaces that Iorfa, Reach and Hagan were, though, given him having a dirfferent role?

Who knows! To give Rhodes any other role than being in and around the six yard box on an attack is a massive mistake! I'd be very surprised if Beattie isn't telling him to be there! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Who knows! To give Rhodes any other role than being in and around the six yard box on an attack is a massive mistake! I'd be very surprised if Beattie isn't telling him to be there! 

Agree, if he is going to play he needs to stay high up the pitch on the shoulder of the defenders in and around the box.

Let Windass (presumably) do the closing down along with a high midfield press.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Let's hope Beattie can fix it and that Rhodes can rekindle some of the success he had when playing for "Rhodesfield". (That name given as he seemed to be the only one to make Huddersfield worth anything.

• Like 1