Mr Chansiri

2 hours ago, striker said:

So can I, but I dont think we get c£4m value depriving competitors of players we arent going to play. 

But we get no value from paying up contracts and releasing them. Rhodes will definitely be involved this season as basically we have no one else. All this talk of incoming strikers is just that at present . Seems to me we have left it very late to recruit and we may well end up scraping the bottom of the barrel. No way are we going to bring 4 forwards in before kick off next Saturday. Would be needing 4 if Rhodes was paid up 3 if not.

Edited by ZicoSterland2

2 hours ago, Pressman 1 said:

Believe Windass will sign this week,hearing we have agreed a deal for a prem striker on loan although unsure on names poss wickham again 

Demarai Gray would be ideal. I'm hoping Monk will have been sorting this out with Brendan Rogers overnight.

• Haha 2

Relegation if we don't get someone decent up front. How much will that cost.

Right now we are -12 points and have Monk. Just get some quality. Fletcher was the reason we didn't go down. 

Though wasting time and money all the time he keeps Monk in a job. Not Windass not any other crap. Without Fletcher we are in big big trouble. Half a season with him kept us up... Just! Right now all we can try do is draw games at best. We would have been struggling with just Monk and only Rhodes, withoutthe 12 point deduction. 

4 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

It really wudnt..let’s stop this myth

It might not have cost more but we don't know how it would work exactly in respect of payments to Middlesborough and accounts wise with amortisation. Letting him go at the end of last year could have increased our loss last year but reduce it by the same amount this year.

As far as payment to Middlesborough is concerned it may be annual payment on a set date, if so I presume it would be at the beginning of the season but I don't know for sure. I doubt we pay month by month, I've never heard that one before. It's possible but imv unlikely.

Think some of you are doing Chansiri a disservice, unless you haven’t noticed, we are a bit more canny with our dealings in the market now. Yes, plenty of mistakes were made, some of which are costing us now, but that was in the past, things appear to be different now. No more Steven Fletchers though, thirty somethings looking for one last pay day. We need younger players, players who are on the way up

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I think it's time to just take the hit and terminate both his and Westwood's contracts. Pay them up and move them out. Pirlo just did similar at Juve. It is an option.

That would totally screw us under P&S. Maybe we could sell Rhodes and Reach back to Boro. Can’t believe Gibson bleated on about us so much yet had our pants down for £12M+ of floppage.

24 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

That would totally screw us under P&S. Maybe we could sell Rhodes and Reach back to Boro. Can’t believe Gibson bleated on about us so much yet had our pants down for £12M+ of floppage.

Possibly, although no one seems to know which accounts the ground sale will be added. That would take the pressure off wouldn't it?