Mr Chansiri

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, Pressman 1 said:

Believe Windass will sign this week,hearing we have agreed a deal for a prem striker on loan although unsure on names poss wickham again 

By ‘prem striker’ is it a youngster who has never played for the first team?

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

It's not hard if Norwich had took him for nothing Middlesbrough would have been due all the remaining balance of his fee where as we have being paying staged payments as agreed 

So by keeping him we have still had to pay boro and pay his wages...reyt..like I said we must have saved loads🤗

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So by keeping him we have still had to pay boro and pay his wages...reyt..like I said we must have saved loads🤗

You might be right but there would be various opinions on the matter, none of which can be proved or disproved. Is Rhodes that bad that is was worth writing off the difference between the money paid to Boro' and what is saved on wages just to get rid of him?

The striking situation is a perfect example of the bad decisions and unbalanced transfer policy we've had over the last few years.

To think it used to be a case of which strikers were starting, going on the bench or missing out completely from a list of Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Joao, Nuhiu and Winnall... to who's going to start alongside a misfiring and expensive Rhodes, let alone be on the bench is a ridiculous situation to find ourselves in. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Blatter said:

What you’re actually suggesting is that Chansiri pays for our players to play for somebody else. Maybe even one of our rivals in the Championship. Let’s face it they’re not good enough to play in the Premier League.

He needs permanent transfers, I can understand his thinking.

So can I, but I dont think we get c£4m value depriving competitors of players we arent going to play. 

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

No but we haven't had to say pay a million straight out but in instalments it's easy to whinge when it's not your money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

So can I, but I dont think we get c£4m value depriving competitors of players we arent going to play. 

I suppose it comes down to Rhodes as been given numourous chances which he didn't fulfil handsight is a wonderful thing 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

No but we haven't had to say pay a million straight out but in instalments it's easy to whinge when it's not your money

Ok I now understand..giving him away last year and saving us all them wages was a none starter...but it’s ok to give him away now..cheers

1 hour ago, debram said:

And offload Jordan Rhodes at the same time. 

I agree. It can’t be good for morale having the clubs highest earner basically being dead wood. Those been asked to put in a shift must feel a bit fed up by it.

Get the free loader out of here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I suppose it comes down to Rhodes as been given numourous chances which he didn't fulfil handsight is a wonderful thing 

It is and I count myself as one who was seduced by his past record when he signed.

The bottom line for me is that I wouldn't be in the least bit concerned about facing a team containing any or all of Westwood, Van Aken, Reach or Rhodes if they moved on. 

Edited by striker

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Ok I now understand..giving him away last year and saving us all them wages was a none starter...but it’s ok to give him away now..cheers

Would imagine we owe practically nothing nothing to boro like I said a above hindsight is a wonderful thing if Rhodes had gone on a scoring run after his hat trick at forest it would have been an god on here but now people take cheap shots 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

The striking situation is a perfect example of the bad decisions and unbalanced transfer policy we've had over the last few years.

To think it used to be a case of which strikers were starting, going on the bench or missing out completely from a list of Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Joao, Nuhiu and Winnall... to who's going to start alongside a misfiring and expensive Rhodes, let alone be on the bench is a ridiculous situation to find ourselves in. 

Complete mismanagement, but comes as no surprise. We are a bloody shambles of a club from top to bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Poor Mr. Chansiri. Wednesday supporters seem to want fiscal restraint AND some strikers too. There is just no pleasing them.

It's possible to show fiscal restraint and have more than 1 striker at the club don't you think?

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Juve have the money to do so

Lol...seems some are confusing us with our neighbours with the premiership riches....Juve and Wednesday, only similar things are we play in stripes and a working class city, can see how some would get confused....

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

That is how I understood it. As we still had a staged payment to make to Middlesbrough, it would have cost more to give him away on a free transfer than keep him and pay his wages.

Not only that it would have meant this year's portion of the fee we paid would have become accountable immediately making P&S even worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pressman 1 said:

Believe Windass will sign this week,hearing we have agreed a deal for a prem striker on loan although unsure on names poss wickham again 

I hope not Wickham . Another 20k a week for someone to sit in the stands and watch. The treatment table would get more ware than the grass on the pitch from him.