Mr Chansiri

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Mr Chansiri please do Mr Monk a big favour and buy him two forwards this week. The poor lad is managing the club with his hands tied behind his back.

Will save you an awful lot of money in the long run as well.

Thanks

Yeah, poor Monk. Shipped out 7 forwards and now we don't have enough. Nothing he could have done! No one could have seen this coming!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I think it's time to just take the hit and terminate both his and Westwood's contracts. Pay them up and move them out. Pirlo just did similar at Juve. It is an option.

Add Reach to that list, even if we have to take minimum transfer fees just get rid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Mr Chansiri please do Mr Monk a big favour and buy him two forwards this week. The poor lad is managing the club with his hands tied behind his back.

Will save you an awful lot of money in the long run as well.

Thanks

Not two. Three

50 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, but apart from Van Aken maybe (considering he was loaned last season)  the others a legacy of the stupid wages we offered, can't see many takers without a financial compromise on our part. 

Don't think we deliberately stockpile players, but a side effect of poor recruitment in the early days of DC's reign. Sounds like we're more frugal now on wages offered.

I'd also definitely look to move on Rhodes, even though we've no other forwards, a complete waste of space and Reach doesn't fit the system and looks clueless.

We're going to be paying players 100% of their wages to sit in the bench, may as well claw back as much of that as possible. In westwood, Rhodes, reach and van aken there is the thick end of £75k pw (£3.9m pa) not going to get a game and contribute anything whatsoever.

What you’re actually suggesting is that Chansiri pays for our players to play for somebody else. Maybe even one of our rivals in the Championship. Let’s face it they’re not good enough to play in the Premier League.

He needs permanent transfers, I can understand his thinking.

Guest Therealrealist
21 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Who in there right mind would give contracts that can match what they earn here ......if rhodes is on 30k and we offered to pay 50% I think we'd  still struggle  to find someone to pay him the other 15 k.

Norwich wer goin to take him off our hands till dc slapped a big daft price tag on him..shocking business yet again from dc

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Wasn't the price tag to cover the payment due to boro

That is how I understood it. As we still had a staged payment to make to Middlesbrough, it would have cost more to give him away on a free transfer than keep him and pay his wages.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, bladeshater said:

Oh yeah I keep forgetting...by keeping Rhodes we somehow saved money 🥴..in reality we still have to pay boro and jr approx 150k a month..reyt Savin that 🤤🤓

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, ChinaOwl said:

That is how I understood it. As we still had a staged payment to make to Middlesbrough, it would have cost more to give him away on a free transfer than keep him and pay his wages.

It really wudnt..let’s stop this myth

Guest Therealrealist

So because we kept Rhodes...we still have to pay boro and keep payin Rhodes...HOW AS KEEPING HIM SAVED US MONEY???

Hopefully our 2018/19 accounts will have been completed and ready for submission to the EFL, which include the ground sale - once fixed our financial position should look very good and the club should be able to bring in two or three good players, including a quality forward or two.

41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Basically, it’s the points deduction that is causing people to panic, plus the fact that we have no attacking players. 

To be fair and for a change, that is a fekkin reyt good reason to panic.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

So now we have kept him we no longer have to pay boro any money we owe them....right I get it🤔

2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

So now we have kept him we no longer have to pay boro any money we owe them....right I get it🤔

It's not hard if Norwich had took him for nothing Middlesbrough would have been due all the remaining balance of his fee where as we have being paying staged payments as agreed 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1