Mr Chansiri

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Mr Chansiri please do Mr Monk a big favour and buy him two forwards this week. The poor lad is managing the club with his hands tied behind his back.

Will save you an awful lot of money in the long run as well.

Thanks

And offload Jordan Rhodes at the same time. 

• Like 2

I’m confident he will but he also needs to get players out, or we will be falling into the same trap again. 
I’m not saying incomings will be dependent on players going out, but having transfer listed Westwood and Van Aken, now do the same with a Rhodes and Reach. It’s clear that neither fit the way we want to play

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m confident he will but he also needs to get players out, or we will be falling into the same trap again. 
I’m not saying incomings will be dependent on players going out, but having transfer listed Westwood and Van Aken, now do the same with a Rhodes and Reach. It’s clear that neither fit the way we want to play

Agree, but apart from Van Aken maybe (considering he was loaned last season)  the others a legacy of the stupid wages we offered, can't see many takers without a financial compromise on our part. 

Don't think we deliberately stockpile players, but a side effect of poor recruitment in the early days of DC's reign. Sounds like we're more frugal now on wages offered.

I'd also definitely look to move on Rhodes, even though we've no other forwards, a complete waste of space and Reach doesn't fit the system and looks clueless.

We're going to be paying players 100% of their wages to sit in the bench, may as well claw back as much of that as possible. In westwood, Rhodes, reach and van aken there is the thick end of £75k pw (£3.9m pa) not going to get a game and contribute anything whatsoever.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, but apart from Van Aken maybe (considering he was loaned last season)  the others a legacy of the stupid wages we offered, can't see many takers without a financial compromise on our part. 

Don't think we deliberately stockpile players, but a side effect of poor recruitment in the early days of DC's reign. Sounds like we're more frugal now on wages offered.

I'd also definitely look to move on Rhodes, even though we've no other forwards, a complete waste of space and Reach doesn't fit the system and looks clueless.

We're going to be paying players 100% of their wages to sit in the bench, may as well claw back as much of that as possible. In westwood, Rhodes, reach and van aken there is the thick end of £75k pw (£3.9m pa) not going to get a game and contribute anything whatsoever.

Tend to agree, it’s time to compromise and take a hit and part fund their wages if need be, its not ideal but better than paying full wages and them not playing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Then compromise we must, they are currently expensive adornments that have no use in the systems we want to play. Wages, yes will be an issue, so we may have to be creative with that, and if we can’t get a fee for them, look for a swap deal, even if we end up taking a promising youngster instead

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Poor Mr. Chansiri. Wednesday supporters seem to want fiscal restraint AND some strikers too. There is just no pleasing them.

I think we just want players who can contribute something on the pitch, recognising that past mistakes still hampering that process.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Tend to agree, it’s time to compromise and take a hit and part fund their wages if need be, its not ideal but better than paying full wages and them not playing.

That is the problem we had last season and it probably played a part in our second half of the season capitulation and in all honesty the problem still remains?

8 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Poor Mr. Chansiri. Wednesday supporters seem to want fiscal restraint AND some strikers too. There is just no pleasing them.

It is possible to have both. Stockpiling very expensive strikers on long term contracts doesn't help the financial situation. But four capable strikers on lesser wages can make a difference.

• Like 1

Unusually, I’m pretty calm about this. Think MrC will support Monk by bringing in at least one striker who will make a real difference, alongside a couple more who can play supporting roles. That’s why it’s important that we don’t splurge all the budget on the supporting cast, hence the haggling over the likes of Windass, Leko and Simmonds Our dealings are chalk and cheese from the way we used to do business, and the chairman deserves credit for that. Basically, it’s the points deduction that is causing people to panic, plus the fact that we have no attacking players. For me though, it’s important we stick to the plan and look for quality, rather than bringing in a raft of journeymen, just to make up the numbers

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 4