Bannan is new captain

On 29/08/2020 at 18:14, GMOwl72 said:

Hope to god he realises that Leaders don’t just shout at people.

I bet Bannan has made as many tackles, passes and made more chances than anyone...it's called leading by example...and I've never played in any team when people are not shouted at to get their finger out and not always by the captain

Edited by daveyboy66

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I bet Bannan has made as many tackles, passes and made more chances than anyone...it's called leading by example...and I've never played in any team when people are not shouted at to get their finger out and not always by the captain

Yes, I’m sure he’ll be fine, he’s a big boy.....well no he’s not actually is he?.......

i have thought long and hard about Bannan being captain.

I look back to captains of old, and find myself going back a long way to finding a captain who did much of note.     I think that last one I believed in was maybe Coughlan, but in reality I have to go back far further.

So fast forward and look at what has been on offer in recent times, and after Loovens you have to admit, no one really comes out as a strong candidate.     Maybe during Loovens time, Semedo could have done a great job but he overlapped with a great captain.

So you look for who takes control on the pitch right now, and to be quite honest, even though we all say "Bannan is no captain" - who else really comes to the fore, when it matters, in the heat of a game?    No one else tries to take the game by the scruff of the neck like Bannan does for us right now.

I'm hoping this new Centre Half lives upto his reputation and may become a natural leader, but really - who else?

If Bannan gets it, I hope it changes him - he needs to stop calling people out for messing up.   He needs to push people on and not get mardy.   I hope he can do this, and if he can, he could be a great captain.

Edited by HarryPlopper
  • Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 07:51, WalthamOwl said:

Funny one Bannan. He seems vocal which is good but I don’t like the way he blames others even if it’s him that is at fault. 

Depends on the vocals: