Bannan is new captain

You can tell on the pitch when he looses his rag and barks at players and plays worse. It's not hard to see. He is massively important to us so the distraction of being captain  is stupid. Captains are usually strong players who can drive the team on with their attitude and strength.  Why weaken a player who needs to be free to create.

• Like 2

As has been said, Boerner or "Big Dom" would probably be fit for purpose as Captain, but on the other hand, how long will either stay at Wednesday?  Bannan has seen a lot, knows the Club both on and off the Pitch, and does not seem interested in plying his trade at any other Club, and my guess would be that he's had offers.  

It's new Season, new (sort of anyway) Coach, new Captain...some new Players, let's see what Bannan does "flying left seat" (Captain), starting off as dead last in the Standings, -12, and flying in a shot-up aircraft.  

12 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Funny one Bannan. He seems vocal which is good but I don’t like the way he blames others even if it’s him that is at fault. 

I love blaming others for my theirs and my mistakes so I have no issue with it. lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Based on how he's conducted himself on the pitch at times in recent seasons, I'd agree. He seems to be prone to digging out his teammates in a way that's not particularly constructive, even if the mistake appears to have been his in the first place!

However, positions of responsibility can bring out the best in some people - it could work out if he knows it's on his shoulders as our most senior pro to help the younger players and to build some team spirit.

The psychologist in me thinks he has SBMS or to use its full name - "Short, Balding Man Syndrome". Chronic cases can result in anger issues, furthermore this can be compounded if the patient is Scottish....... As he's already had a hair transplant, further treatments are extremely limited. We could try stretching him but that's a "tall" order....... 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I love blaming others for my theirs and my mistakes so I have no issue with it. lol

In fact, right now I'm looking for someone to blame for that sentence that makes no f***ing sense....... 

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Hope when Monk is sacked the next manager gives it to someone else Bannan doesn't get the idea of leaving....

Stupid choice why am I not surprised 

This has got to be the most bone-idle.. ignorant and anti-wednesday post I've seen on here recently.

Well done.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Morepork said:

In fact, right now I'm looking for someone to blame for that sentence that makes no f***ing sense....... 

You could always say that your are one of Neil's other logins

lol

• Haha 1

On 29/08/2020 at 13:39, beloved_aunt said:

Probs not even in his top 100 mistakes. Lees was vice to Loovens so just got it by default when he left. Surprised Hutch never got the armband even under Carlos as they loved each other. 

Physically or just emotionally?

Bannan moans, blames others and sticks his bottom lip out way too much to be an effective captain. Monk needs to tell him to grow up (no pun intended!) and not do these kind of things if him having the armband is going to be a positive influence on the team. So he needs to alter his match behaviour for this to happen. That's a pretty tough thing for someone to do, especially considering the circumstances we're in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

Bannan moans, blames others and sticks his bottom lip out way too much to be an effective captain. Monk needs to tell him to grow up (no pun intended!) and not do these kind of things if him having the armband is going to be a positive influence on the team. So he needs to alter his match behaviour for this to happen. That's a pretty tough thing for someone to do, especially considering the circumstances we're in.

I wonder if that’s what Monk meant in his post Leicester interview?

Kept saying we need to challenge Bazza.